UFC 134 Results: Palhares Camp Says Miller Verbally Submitted, Miller Camp Denies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
122309531_large.jpg
If you were wandering what was going on during the UFC 134 Spike TV preliminary fight between Rousimar Palhares and Dan Miller that caused Palhares to stop attacking and start celebrating before the referee actually stopped the fight, here's what Palhares' coach Murilo Bustamante tweeted:

.bbpBox107861228638048257 {background:url(http://a1.twimg.com/images/themes/theme14/bg.gif) #131516;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

@dudutatame @AnaHissa @portaldovt @graciemag_br He told me that he stoped bc his opponent said "stop stop" when he was punching him hard...less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply Murilo Bustamante
murilobusta

.bbpBox107862438497615872 {background:url(http://a1.twimg.com/images/themes/theme14/bg.gif) #131516;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

@dudutatame @AnaHissa @portaldovt @graciemag_br Who can say now that Toko isn't a fair fighter? He is just too naive, but he has a big heartless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply Murilo Bustamante
murilobusta

Miller's coach contacted Sherdog and denied Palhares' and Bustamante's account:

"Dan assures me he did not say a word during that exchange," Constantino wrote in an email to Sherdog.com. "Needless to say that with the loud crowd, the language barrier, the adrenaline rush and every other factor involved -- including ‘do not stop until the ref pulls you off' -- I do not believe that Toquinho pulled up because of Dan murmuring ‘stop, stop.' The fact remains that Dan Miller did not say ‘stop, stop' -- there is no need to argue the toughness and mettle of Dan Miller, however I just have to put the facts on the table after hearing this."

While Miller did not appear to protest the "stoppage" as he stood back up and walked to his corner, Constantino said that was only because the 30-year-old believed the fight had actually been stopped.

"He could not see and by Toquinho's reaction, Dan assumed Herb stopped the fight," wrote Constantino. "Once he heard us screaming to turn around and the fight wasn't stopped, he ran across the Octagon to continue fighting."

Hopefully Palhares will master the whole "protect yourself at all times" and "don't stop fighting until instructed by the referee" bits for his next fight.