UFC 134 Results - Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua Wants Rematch Against Jon Jones

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ufc134_11_shogun_vs_griffin_001_large.jpg
Mauricio Rua scored a big win at UFC 134: Rio when he knocked out Forrest Griffin. The knockout erased some of the memories of the UFC debut of Shogun when Griffin wore him out and submitted him with a rear naked choke. In keeping with the revenge theme, Shogun has said that he would like a rematch with the man who took the light heavyweight championship from him, Jon Jones.

Via Hilton Mattos of iG Rio de Janeiro (translation by Bloody Elbow contributor Tom Mendes):

It's a goal of mine; a rematch with Jon Jones. Of the five losses in my career, I have won three rematches. Only one of them won't happen, which is the loss against Babalu. Today he's part of the team, so this fight won't happen. But, of the rest, I have won three. Now it's only Jones' who's left

While there may be a rematch down the road, Jones is currently set to face Quinton Jackson in his first title defense. A win over Jackson puts Jones into a title defense against number one contender Rashad Evans.

It would appear that Shogun is going to need at least one more win before he can attempt to get his revenge.