UFC 134: Bloody Elbow Celebrity Picks - Cove Reber vs. Natasha Wicks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
You've probably heard hundreds of opinions from analysts and bloggers who have wrote about the upcoming UFC card. So to keep it fresh and interesting, here's a different and unique take on things from two famous personalities making their guest picks for Bloody Elbow.

On the first edition of 'Bloody Elbow Celebrity Picks', it's going to be Musician vs. Model as Cove Reber goes head to head with Natasha Wicks as these two guest personalities, who are also huge MMA fans, give out their UFC 134 predictions.

Reber is best known for being the former front man of the band Saosin from 2004-2010, where he toured the world and released 2 EP's and 2 hit studio albums with the group. He's currently working on a new project called 'Patriot'. Wicks, on the other hand, was an accomplished athlete and cross-country runner before becoming a model. She is more recognized with MMA fans for being a former UFC Octagon Girl.

They are popular from two completely different backgrounds, and aside from both having crazy hair, their interest in MMA is probably one of the few things they have in common. See how they stack up against each other, as they go head-to-head with their UFC 134 Main Card Picks:

Cove "The Rasta Warrior" Reber Natasha "The Booty" Wicks Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami Anderson Silva should win this fight easily, though I don’t expect to see a highlight reel finish. Anderson is looking to make an impression in front of his home country and because of that, Okami is screwed. Anderson Silva will stop this fight when he wants by whatever he wants. I am alllll about rooting for the underdog, but I have to say that I think Anderson Silva will win this one. He could be called the best UFC fighter based off of wins, but I would love to see Okami come out victorious. Anderson Silva by KO, second round. Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio Rua This is the fight I'm most looking forward to on the card. Shogun is going to want to make a statement after losing his belt to Jones. I'll never count Griffin out, but I have to choose Shogun because he's fighting at home and his striking is superior. Shogun via TKO Round 3. Forrest Griffin FTW!! I have been a fan of Forrest since the beginning. He has the heart and the talent to be the greatest, but this will indeed be a great fight. 'Shogun' is a phenomenal fighter and Forrest will need to be 100% in this fight. Forrest Griffin by Submission. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub Old Timer vs. Young Hungry Up And Comer. Mir stole Nogueira's heart, Velasquez stole his soul. I think Nogueira is done after this one. Or he needs to be if he ends up on the losing side... I don't want to see him end up like CroCop. This is definitely a huge test for Schaub, but I believe it's one he can handle. Schaub trains with the best LHW on the planet and arguably several of the best HW's. Schaub wins this one by... Let's go with TKO. Nogueira wins this one. Although he is considered a veteran in UFC, I think experience wins over youth in this battle. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by either Split Decision or TKO. Edson Barboza vs. Ross Pearson Barboza is a monster with his hands and feet. His Muay Thai is sick! I think Barboza KO's Pearson and stays undefeated purely by being the superior striker. Edson Barboza by KO. Barboza wins this one. I think him being on his home turf will be a defining factor in the winner of this bout. Both are great, so I will just pick him based off of that haha. Edson Barboza by TKO. Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov Cane will be the bigger and stronger fighter in this one. I think he hands Nedkov his first loss in front of the home crowd. Luiz Cane.
I have Nedkov winning this one. He is undefeated and Cane will be a great opponent, but I think Nedkovs taking this one to the bank. Stanislav Nedkov by Submission. Both of these personalities have been talking a lot of smack on twitter and it even continued on to their predictions. Check them out after the jump.

Natasha Wicks: Reber should stick to what he knows best, making pretty music... I used to hold a round card sign so OBVIOUSLY I know what I am talking about. -- OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic for people who don't know what joking around is) -- haha. If cove were a fighter his name would be Cove "the screamer" Reber. And his shorts would be made of grass... no animal products used.

Cove Reber: "Natasha "Bed Head" Wicks maybe a cutie, but so is Gina Carano, and she got her ass kicked by a girl who looks like a dude. Since I'm a dude who kinda looks like a girl, I think I have a chance at woopin' your ass. I can't wait to see your video!"

Cove, of course, was referring to a bet they made, where the person who loses has to post an embarrassing video talking about how awesome their opponent is. Here's a few final words from both competitors:

Cove Reber: I would like to thank BloodyElbow for the opportunity and Natasha Wicks for being super chill. Its been really fun, let's do this again. Anton, thank you for your patience. Hope to see you soon bud. I miss the Philippines. BloodyElbow has and will continue to be my favorite MMA website. Its an honor to have been given this opportunity. Thank you.

Natasha Wicks: First of all thank YOU Anton for your interest in having my opinion and your ongoing support! I always appreciate it. Thank you to all the fans, I am truly so grateful for the MMA community's support and fascination with my silly life. Thank you to UFC for ever having hired me in the first place. BSN for appreciating my hard work in the physical department and wanting to show off my bod.. ;)

And thank you Cove Reber for making music and being the rad dude he is. I would hate this world with out the sound of music... I appreciate his passion. muah! xoxo

Who do you think made the better picks? Who will lose the bet? Let them know in the comments, or follow them on twitter: @whoiscove and @natashawicks.