UFC 133 Results: Tito Ortiz on His 2 Submission Attempts - "I Thought I Got It"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
122titoortizvsrashadevans_large.jpg
Tito Ortiz shocked the entire MMA world when he rocked Ryan Bader and choked him out on his last fight. He had a chance to land another major upset on UFC 133 with those two submission attempts against Rashad Evans. Had he finished, it would have probably been the biggest career turnaround in UFC history, but as we all know, things didn't turn out as he planned.

The 'Huntington Beach Bad Boy' talked to Karyn Bryant about how close he thought he was to getting the tap (Transcribed by MMAMania):

"I had that choke and I was like, 'Oh, I got it!' I slipped to the kneebar and I was like, 'Oh, I got it!' Rashad was just a lot stronger than he was prior [in their first fight in 2007]. It showed that 14 months [of training] can really pay off. He took it seriously ... and it showed tonight. He was the better man. I guess you you can't fight a number one contender with 2.5 weeks of training."