UFC 133 Results Recap: Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
11_Evans_Ortiz19_large.jpg
In the main event of UFC 133, Rashad Evans stopped Tito Ortiz in the closing minutes of round 2. With this win, Evans becomes the official #1 contender to the UFC Light Heavyweight title. He also gains redemption for the pair's 2007 fight at UFC 73, which ended in a unanimous draw. This was Rashad's first fight since last spring.

Tito Ortiz started the fight by taking Rashad down to the mat, but Evans managed to escape without suffering significant damage. Evans then turned the tables, slamming Ortiz to the mat with a big overhead takedown. In round 2, Ortiz nearly pulled off his second spectacular upset in a row, as he caught Evans in a guillotine. But unlike UFC 132, it was not to be, as Evans escaped. From there, Rashad took control, beating Tito down before connecting with a soul crushing knee to the sternum of a downed Tito to end the fight.

What was the high spot of this fight?

Watching it live, it was hard to beat the emotion of that guillotine. But it's likely the big knee that will forever be remembered in countless video packages.

Where do these guys go from here?

Dana White said it - Rashad is the #1 contender and gets the winner of Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson. Of course, Rashad's been waiting for that title fight for almost two years now, and anything could happen, but it looks like this is his next step.

Ortiz turned in a game performance, and showed that he still has something to offer. I'd like to see him against more veterans - a Rich Franklin fight works for me.

Watch it now, later, or never?

Now. I may get attacked for this, but with the emotion plus the big ending, I have to call this one of the best fights of the year.

More BE coverage of UFC 133 in the full entry.

UFC 133 Results: Vitor Belfort's Illegal Finish Met With Shocking Ignorance - Leland Roling

UFC 133 Results: Vitor Belfort's Back of the Head Shots and Nonsensical Outrage - KJ Gould

UFC 133 Results: Five Fights to Make - Mike Fagan

UFC 133: Why We Love Tito Ortiz, and Why the UFC Needs Him - Fraser Coffeen

UFC 133 Results: Where Do We Go From Here? - Matthew Roth

UFC 133: The Sweet Stench of Homophobia - Mike Fagan

UFC 133 Results: Rashad Evans' Beats Up Tito Ortiz and More Post-Hangover Thoughts - Brent Brookhouse

UFC 133 Results: Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz Post-Fight Recap and Analysis - Mike Fagan

UFC 133 Results: Rashad Evans Stops Tito Ortiz by Punishment - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Vitor Belfort Stops Yoshihiro Akiyama in the First - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Brian Ebersole Beats the Pants off of Dennis Hallman - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Constantinos Philippou Scores a Split Decision Over Jorge Rivera - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Rory MacDonald Pounds Mike Pyle to a First Round Stoppage - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Alexander Gustafsson Mauls Matt Hamill in the Second - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Chad Mendes Puts On A Clinic Against Rani Yahya - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Ivan Menjivar Edges a Decision Over Nick Pace - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Johny Hendricks Wins the Wrestling Match against Mike Pierce - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Mike Brown Outwrestles Nam Phan to a Decision Win - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Results: Rafael Natal Punishes Paul Bradley to a Decision Win - Bloody Elbow

UFC 133 Post-Fight Press Conference Video and Updates - Bloody Elbow