UFC 132: Urijah Faber Talks Judging

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Cruz_2680-345x229_large_large.jpg
Former WEC featherweight champ Urijah Faber lost a hard-fought unanimous decision to UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz at UFC 132. Although they all saw the fight for Cruz, none of the three ringside judges scored the fight the same: 50-45, 49-46 and 48-47.

Faber spoke to Bruce Buffer about possibly changing his approach to fighting with an eye toward winning the judges' favor (transcription via Fight Opinion):

"I felt like I won right after the fight, that was my initial feeling. I think that's because I didn't really get hurt in the fight and I feel like I hurt him a couple of times. But you can't really complain about a close fight, you know, it's up to discretion and although it feels like most people don't really, most people... don't really, uhhh... don't really know what the judges are talking about. I mean, it feels like these days the MMA judges are so off the rocker, like you don't really know what you're trying to do out there, you know. It'd be great if we had like some consistency but Dominick fought a good fight, I fought a good fight, I tried to go for the finish, I don't really think about decisions very much and I think I need to start being a little more cognizant of that, you know.

"I definitely feel like I could have been more of a person that put on the appearance of winning the fight rather than trying to finish the fight and I think that was the difference."