UFC 132: UFC Champ Jon Jones Picks Dominick Cruz to Beat Urijah Faber

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
DC-JON-JONES_large_large.jpeg
UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones visited Washington, D.C. yesterday as part of his work advocating for refugees. Jones will make his first title defense against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 135 in Denver, CO. While in D.C., Jones spoke with SBNation's Luke Thomas.

Luke asked him to make a pick in UFC 132's bantamweight championship bout between 135lb champ Dominick Cruz and former WEC featherweight champ Urijah Faber. Jones has a surprising pick:

Luke Thomas: Alright, UFC 132 next weekend, a close associate of yours Urijah Faber is going to try and get the Bantamweight title and become a two division champion. Let me play devil's advocate, devil's advocate would say "Dominic Cruz first time got smashed, this time it's completely different. I think you could make a case that Faber would have a hard time getting a hold of him, Dominick's got footwork that's just too dangerous..." tell me why Urijah Faber wins.

Jon Jones: You know what, Urijah's my friend and business partner, and I'm definitely rooting for him to win. It'll be great for our business that we have that we're working together to have two champions involved with it. It'd be great because I'm a personal fan of Urijah but to be real and to be a martial artist I think it's gonna be a very tough fight for him. If I actually had to put my money on it I would think that Dominick Cruz would win the fight. He's been winning very impressively and he seems to be always improving, Urijah's last two fights haven't been finishes. My prayers will be going out to Urijah and I hope he does phenomenal, but Dominick Cruz is a tall order for everyone right now.

The interview is wide ranging and covers Jones' hand injury, fighting Rampage Jackson, training with Greg Jackson, Mike Winkeljohn, and Phil Nurse and Bruce Lee. Read the whole thing.

Jones is recovering from a hand injury that kept him off the UFC 133 card against former teammate Rashad Evans. Evans will instead face Phil Davis at 133 in Philadelphia.

Video of the full interview after the jump.