UFC 132 Results Recap: Chris Leben vs. Wanderlei Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
05_Silva_Leben_large.jpg
Chris Leben knocked out Wanderlei Silva in just 27 seconds to win the semi-main event at UFC 132.

What was the high spot of this fight?

We knew this one was going to be a puncher's battle, but we didn't know it would be so fast. Leben's nasty uppercuts from the clinch were very impressive, putting the legend down and out.

Where do these guys go from here?

Some may disagree, but I think Leben now finds himself heading into the Middleweight title picture. He has recent wins over Aaron Simpson, Yoshihiro Akiyama, and now Wanderlei, with his only loss coming against highly ranked Brian Stann. Keep that Leben momentum going with another good name opponent. If Vitor Belfort defeats Akiyama at UFC 133, Belfort vs. Leben sounds like a fantastic idea.

Dana White wants Wanderlei Silva to retire, and with his 4th big KO loss in the last 5 years, there's certainly some merit to that idea. But I don't think Wanderlei's going to go there just yet. He still may draw some interest, although he certainly won't be contending for the title again. I'd like to see him against the Belfort vs. Akiyama loser.

Watch it now, later, or never?

Now. An exciting KO, and quite possibly the true end of the road for one of the greats of our sport.

More BE coverage of UFC 132 in the full enty.

</div>