UFC 132 Results Recap: Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
04_Condit_Kim_large.jpg
Carlos Condit earned knockout of the night honors for his flying knee KO over Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 132. This Welterweight fight was the opening bout of the PPV.

What was the high spot of this fight?

Let me repeat that - flying knee KO. There you have it. It was quite a nice one too, with Condit starting by throwing a left knee, then switching to the right in mid-air. I'm sure Steven Seagal looked on approvingly.

Where do these guys go from here?

Both men were calling for a title shot should they win. Given that GSP is set to face Nick Diaz in October, I can't see Condit waiting that out, though he is definitely deserving of a #1 contender fight. Only trouble is - against who? The whole Alves-Story-Marquardt-Brenneman sequence really mucked up the division, and with Fitch perhaps sitting out in wait for BJ Penn, there's not a clear cut opponent ready. I'll go with the winner of Jake Shields vs. Jake Ellenberger in September, and I'll also add that it's a criminal Diego Sanchez is back at Jackson's, because can we all agree that Condit vs. Diego would be pretty much the greatest thing ever?

Kim may have lost, but he's still too high up in the UFC ranks to drop down much in caliber of opponent. There are a lot of similarly ranked opponents available for him, including Story, Brenneman, Thiago Alves, but I think his best route would be to face Martin Kampmann.

Watch it now, later, or never?

It's under 3 minutes long and ends with a spectacular flying knee KO. What more do you want? Watch it now.

More BE coverage of UFC 132 in the full enty.