UFC 132 Results Recap: Anthony Njokuani vs. Andre Winner

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
2_958-345x247_large_large.jpg
Lightweight Anthony Njokuani blasted, beat and battered Andre Winner for most of three rounds to cruise to a unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26) at UFC 132.

Two of the judges considered the savage and sustained beating Njokuani put on Winner one-sided enough to award him a 10-8 round -- a very rare bird in MMA.

What was the high spot of this fight?

If you are a connoisseur of sustained sadism, both the first and second rounds feature extended periods when Njokuani methodically tees off on a helpless (but still standing) Winner for more than a minute at a time. Njokuani mixed punches, knees and elbows in a brutally effective mix as Winner covered up against the cage. It's a masterful exhibition of what fight fans call "picking your shots".

Where do these guys go from here?

Njokuani improves to 1-1 in the UFC so we know he'll be back. His fan-pleasing striking style means he'll likely get to hang around the UFC lightweight division for quite a while as long as he can go about .500.

Winner is likely headed for the chopping block after his third straight UFC loss. As a former finalist on The Ultimate Fighter and the rare British fighter who can win at the UFC level (he's 2-3 with the promotion), he's the kind of fighter they hold on to as long as they can but I'll be surprised if he survives this loss.

Watch it now, later, or never?

Now. With the large number of first round finishes on the UFC 132 card, I'd definitely include this one when you rewatch the event but you can skip the third round. Njokuani proved his point in the first 2 frames and pretty much coasted through the 3rd.

More BE coverage of UFC 132 in the full entry.

</p>
star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg