UFC 132 Results: FightMetric Reports for Cruz vs. Faber, Siver vs. Wiman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
12_Cruz_Faber_large.jpg
We just couldn't escape a UFC event without some semblance of judging controversy, could we? Most people seem to agree with both of the close decisions at UFC 132 -- Dominick Cruz over Urijah Faber and Dennis Siver over Matt Wiman, but how do they numbers play out? FightMetric has reports for both fights:

• Right off the top, the fight thing I noticed about the Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber report was that FightMetric did not credit Faber with any knockdowns. That will be a point of contention for a lot of people. I know the "knockdown" in the first round was more a result of Faber putting Cruz off balance and then landing a right hand, rather than the force of the blow acting as catalyst. It'll take a rewatch (and I can assure you there will be many rewatches on my end) to confirm, but I'll trust FightMetric for now.
  • FightMetric scored the bout 49-47 for Cruz, giving round 5 for Faber and awarding a 10-10 in round 4.
  • Cruz outlanded Faber in both total and significant strikes in every round of the fight. In the single round scored for him, Faber had the advantage in strikes to the head 9-4. Cruz held the biggest disparity in the third, outscoring Faber 23-7 and 21-5 in total and significant strikes, respectively.
  • Cruz went 4-13 in his takedowns, Faber 1-5. FightMetric credited Cruz with a sweep/reversal in the third.
  • In the Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman report, FightMetric scored the bout 29-28 for Wiman.
  • Siver outlanded Wiman in total strikes for the fight (128-34), but edged Wiman 31-26 in significant strikes. In the second round, unanimous scored for Wiman, Siver landed 42 strikes to Wiman's 19, but of those 42, only 3 fell under FightMetric's criteria for significant (to Wiman's 12.)
  • The most contentious round is the third. Again, Siver wins on volume, 47-6. This time, however, he also takes significant strikes 11-6. Yet, FightMetric scored the round for Wiman. Why? Siver only landed 1 power strike (Wiman had 3), and Wiman scored two takedowns and a guillotine attempt.