UFC 132 Results: Dominick Cruz - I Can Beat Faber 9 Out of 10 Times

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
11_Cruz_Faber_large.jpg
UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz did an interview with Dave Farra of MMA:30 the day after successfully defending his title at UFC 132 by defeating Urijah Faber by unanimous decision. In the interview, he discusses the fight, how the fans react to him, a possible rubber match with Faber, a possible fight with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, and the next contender for his title. First up is how he is usually on the receiving end of boos when in the cage:

"You just take it for what it is. It steams me up, it gets me going, it fires me up to hear people boo. You've gotta figure out how a way to twist it around because because I've never really come out with cheers except for when I fought in Arizona one time, so I'm used to it. But I'd love for the fans to pick up and give me a little bit of love but if you can only boo me, I'll accept that and twist it around."

On a rubber match with Faber:

"I'm not gonna turn down a rubber match like that, you know, I think that Faber gave me a good fight and he tested me a little bit and I felt like I went through there and still got the unanimous decision. I know I can beat him 9 out of 10 times."

And his position on possibly moving up to 145 to face Aldo:

"I'm not gonna turn down anything like that. I'm not gonna turn down a rubber match, I'm not gonna turn down a fight with Jose Aldo. Man if they pay me the right money I'll go fight anybody at heavyweight. I'll run around like a chicken. I'll run around like I'm trying to catch a chicken in that cage, but I'll get through it. I just want to fight the best guys on the planet."

He won't say who deserves the next shot because he doesn't feel like he's in that position. He does discuss a few other things though, and it's an interesting interview. Plus you can see how marked up his face is from the fight. You can catch the whole thing after the jump.