UFC 132 Results: Carlos Condit Will Likely Fight Again Before Getting Title Shot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Condit_large.jpg
UFC welterweight Carlos Condit demolished Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 132, finishing the previously unbeaten Kim in 2:58 of the first round. Condit has a four fight winning streak going in the UFC, three of them finishes by KO or TKO. He's gone 12-1 in the last five years with 5 submissions and 5 KO/TKOs.

That's the kind of resume that normally results in a title shot but with champ Georges St. Pierre already booked to face Nick Diaz in October, Condit would likely have to wait until 2012 to get his shot. He doesn't want to do that.

"I do want to fight again in 2011. I know the timeframe may not work out for me to get the next shot, but I want to fight again before the end of the year," Condit said at the press conference.

I'm too torched from a long UFC weekend to think of a good next opponent for Condit. If Rick Story had beaten Charlie Brenneman at UFC on Versus 4 last week that would be a perfect title eliminator, but Brenneman isn't anywhere near a title shot and the UFC will want to avoid him ruining another title run.

Diego Sanchez or Anthony Johnson are the only welterweights that are coming to mind as possible opponents for Condit.

More UFC 132 Coverage from BE after the jump.