UFC 132 Fight Card: Dong Hyun Kim and Carlos Condit Believe Win Should Bring Title Sh

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
goofy_large_large.jpg
One of the most exciting fights on the UFC 132 card is the battle between welterweight contenders Dong Hyun Kim and Carlos Condit. On the USA TODAY / SB Nation MMA Rankings, Kim checks in at #20 with a 14-0-1 1 NC record. Condit sits at #7 with a 26-5 record.

Both men have expressed a belief in recent interviews that they're deserving of a title shot with a win at UFC 132.

Condit expressed his belief in an interview with MMA Fighting (HT: MMA Mania):

I've been on a tear and Dong Hyun Kim is an undefeated fighter. I think whoever wins this fight deserves a title shot. I wouldn't [have a problem fighting Georges St. Pierre], my goal is to get the UFC title belt around my waist and whoever has that belt is fair game.

And Kim told MMA Junkie that he believes he is ready and has the right style for GSP:

"I'd like to fight GSP right after this fight, but I think that I'd probably have to fight one more fight,"

"Style-wise, I'm probably going to be the best match-up for GSP, and I'm going to have to prove myself from winning this fight,"

This should be a great fight and it's going to be difficult to deny that the winner of the bout at least deserves to be "in the mix" for a title shot in the near future.