UFC 131 Video: Pre-Fight Press Conference

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Today's UFC 131 pre-fight press conference was not streamed live, but they were nice enough to post the video to Youtube shortly after it was over. The fighters fielding questions included main eventers Shane Carwin and Junior dos Santos, featherweights Kenny Florian and Diego Nunes, and lightweights Sam Stout and Yves Edwards. Of course, Dana White was in attendance as well. Here's the video, and some choice quotes from the fighters and Dana.

Dana: We didn't blow it out here like we did last time (UFC 115), but I'm very happy with the gate. This is gonna be a successful show for us.

Dana, on when the winner of JDS/Carwin will be fighting UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez:

I was hoping it was going to be a little sooner than it's gonna be. They say that he's still recovering and getting back into training. So we're hoping the winner of this fight (will fight Cain) in the next 4 or 5 months.

Dana on the UFC going to China:

We're working on that. We did open an office in Beijing. We're securing television deals over there, we've done some fights on the internet, you know the internet is huge there. We're just planning now on the exact day that we can get in there. We're working on talent too, from China. Soon. I can't give you an exact date, but soon. ASAP.

Dana on the UFC going to Sweden:

It looked like it was gonna happen this year and then it fell through. That shows were committed, and yes we're going there. I don't know when. Soon, I hope.

Shane Carwin on how his engineering background helps in the cage:

The more I get punched, the less I know. There's no comparison.

Diego Nunes on fighting teammate Jose Aldo if he beats Florian (via Ed Soares):

They're training partners, they're like brothers, but he works for the UFC and so does Jose, he has dreams just like Jose does and if the fight goes down, we're gonna fight.