UFC 131 Results Recap: Dave Herman vs. Jon Olav Einemo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
09_herman_vs_einemo_005_large.jpg
Dave Herman made a successful UFC debut at UFC 131, while for Jon Olav Einemo, the first trip to the octagon resulted in disappointment, as Herman claimed a 2nd round TKO victory in this exciting Heavyweight contest.

What was the high spot of this fight?

There were a lot of exciting stand-up exchanges, but the highlight came near the 3 minute mark in round 2. Einemo wobbled Herman with a knee and looked poised to score his own victory when Herman suddenly roared back to life, rocking Einemo with a knee of his own and a series of punches. Einemo never recovered, and the stoppage victory followed soon after.

Where do these guys go from here?

Herman is in an interesting position as he only has one UFC win, but it was an impressive victory on a main PPV card. He's probably already in a position to face an opponent of some note. But he's also somewhat small in his frame, and as he moves up the ranks, some of the larger Heavyweights may make him pay. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop down to Light Heavyweight eventually, but for now, I'd be interested to see him against the winner of Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry.

As I said in the predictions, Einemo is a weird pick-up, and I just don't see how he plugs into the UFC picture at this point. I imagine he will be a stepping stone for someone on the way up - perhaps someone such as Travis Browne. His next fight will be a must win for him to stay alive in the UFC.

Watch it now, later, or never?

It's the Fight of the Night and it is well deserved. Very fun action, plus a new face in the UFC Heavyweight division who could stick around for some time. Watch it now.