UFC 131 Fight Card: Is Junior dos Santos Looking Past Shane Carwin?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
junior_dos_santos_large.jpg
Bloody Elbow's own Tom Mendes points us to (and translates) an article from Jornal de Brasil which features a very interesting quote from UFC 131 main eventer Junior dos Santos. This Saturday it will be Shane Carwin standing across the Octagon from dos Santos. But it appears that he may already be thinking about a fight with Cain Velasquez:

"I wouldn't mind facing Velasquez for the HW Title, even having fought in June. This is my condition for participating at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro, a fight for the HW Belt"

Given the fact that Dana White stated that the winner of the Carwin/JDS fight will face Cain Velasquez in four to five months, so UFC 134 is all but certainly out of the question. Still, it raises some concern that Junior may be overlooking a very real threat in Carwin.

Shane's power is the kind of thing that can make dos Santos very sorry if he really isn't taking the fight 100% seriously.