UFC 131 Fight Card: Dave 'Pee Wee' Herman Describes His Wild Striking Style

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
herman_large.jpg
Heavyweight Dave "Pee Wee" Herman makes his UFC debut Saturday against Jon Olav Einemo at UFC 131. Herman, a 26 year old former collegiate wrestler and veteran of EliteXC, Bellator and Sengoku is known for his wild, improvised striking style.

He spoke to Brian Hemminger of MMA Mania and spilled his secrets:

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): You've also been known for a flashy style, willing to throw out all kinds of crazy kicks. Is that something that they've allowed you to continue doing or are they trying to stifle that and instead make you more technical?

Dave Herman: Partially, I don't really work on that stuff. A lot of the stuff that I do, I just make up on my own anyways. Mostly, I've been trying to focus on technique, getting better technically but at the same time, in a lot of my old fights, I'd always have a goal of something stupid that I plan on doing in every fight. I don't really fully expect to it but I'll be like "yeah, I'm gonna do 'this' in a fight" and then I get in there and actually do it. Sometimes it works out good and other times not so much.

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): I don't want you to give it away, but is there anything stupid that you might plan on trying to do against Einemo?

Dave Herman: I haven't really thought about it. I haven't had any stupid moves lately that I've really wanted to do. When I fought Sokkoudjou actually, my move that fight was a spinning back kick. I was messing around and saying, "oh, I'm gonna do this in the fight," and everyone was like, "dude, you're an idiot. Do not do that." Of course I did it and I slipped and fell down but I think it looked good even though it didn't work.