UFC 130 Video: Matt Hamill and The Road to Rampage - Week 6

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Week 6 in "The Road to Rampage" continues to follow Matt Hamill as he prepares for Quinton Jackson and the UFC 130 main event. This episode takes a look at the entire training camp, from when it was announced as a Phil Davis fight all the way up to today. Some nice training footage in here as well:

One interesting point here is Hamill's discussion of his head trainer Duff Holmes. He calls Holmes a "mastermind" and praises his ability to come up with game plans tailor made for every opponent. This is an extremely important aspect of MMA, and it's something you must have on your team in order to succeed. My only question is - will we see Hamill execute this great game plan on Saturday? I'd like to see him use his wrestling here, but i the past, we've seen him tend to turn his fights into boxing matches. If he boxes with Rampage, he'll be putting himself right into the path of Jackson's best weapons. We'll see if that is the plan in just a few days.

Check out the entire "Road to Rampage" series here.