UFC 130 Preview: Matt Hamill and the Road to Rampage - Week 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
When Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard both went down to injury, Matt Hamill found himself unexpectedly thrust into his first ever UFC PPV Main Event, as his fight with Quinton Jackson will now headline UFC 130. As Hamill prepares, his team is releasing on online documentary chronicling his training. Titled "The Road to Rampage," the video will be released in a number of installments leading up to the May 28 fight. Check out the first episode here:

What can I say, I am a sucker for these kinds of videos. They're a great reminder that the fighters who appear so large on our screen are really just people like the rest of us. This episode already has gone a long way towards getting me excited for this bout. When it was first announced, my gut reaction was that Hamill was not in Rampage's league, but they make a good case for Hamill getting his shot here. I'll be interested to see future installments and get a look at how Hamill is training for the biggest fight of his career, plus see how he responds to the added pressure of headlining the show.

Check back here for future episodes of "The Road to Rampage," and don't forget to watch Rampage Jackson's take on the preparation with "The Rampage Diaries." Good to see both men doing what they can to generate interest in their fight, as UFC 130 could definitely use a promotional boost. These videos alone aren't going to solve all the problems caused by the loss of Edgar vs. Maynard, but perhaps they can get more fans interested in this important Light Heavyweight fight.