Ubisoft's Hyper Scape shutting down

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hyper_Scape_Battle_Royale_Ubisoft.jpg

In a move no one saw coming because not that many people were playing the game in the first place, Hyper Scape, Ubisoft’s attempt to get in on the increasingly bloated battle royale market, will be shutting down on April 28th.

Hyper Scape launched on August 11th, 2020 and quickly fell off. Despite rocketing to the top of Twitch charts with a coordinated marketing scheme involving Twitch streamers and YouTube personalities, the game could not hold its appeal past day one. Eventually, Ubisoft started offering $10 Ubisoft store coupons just to get people to play the free-to-play game. Ouch.

By some accounts, Hyper Scape was an interesting take on the battle royale formula, offering new gameplay features like transforming from last man standing to capture the flag for the last handful of players in a round. Hyper Scape’s urban environment and lore were also neat departures from the desolate and story-light landscapes of other battle royale games. But it’s easy to see the game wasn’t long for the world when its last update was in April of 2021.

Hyper Scape is preceded in death by Amazon Game Studios’ Crucible.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Not surprised by this at all. I think I tried it once and generic is definitely the right word for it.

I gotta wonder what the lifespan is of Battle Royale games, but I'd imagine Warzone & Fortnite will be going on for a while.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm also not surprised.

I yawned at the Hyper Scape announcement. I don't mind the futuristic design, but its not drawing people in.

Most Ubisoft games have a major problem with marketing outside of U.K. They really need to pay attention to that.

The Division is the only series I'm interested in. I will also put Rainbow Six Seige in there too. I almost thought Seige was inspired by CoD4.

Far Cry 6 almost got me, but the graphics didn't draw ME in. The story sounds interesting though. (Storyline is you vs a communist.)

Ubisoft needs to focus on getting more eyes on their project(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth