Tyron Woodley In Line To Fight For Strikeforce Title, Says Scott Coker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
While appearing on a recent episode of MMAWeekly.com Radio, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker disclosed plans to hold a fight to crown a new Strikeforce welterweight champion. Among those in contention to fight for the title include Tyron Woodley.

Woodley, who meets Jordan Mein on January 7 at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine, will hold one of the two openings if he is victorious.

"Yeah, I think you have to look at it that way," Coker said. "Tyron Woodley, he's a product of our Challengers show, if you remember when we first discovered Tyron, and he's proven to be an amazing fighter. To me, he definitely deserves a shot."

Coker was unsure of a possible opponent for Woodley, though he mentioned maybe bringing in a newcomer to Strikeforce or pairing him with another current Strikeforce fighter. Coker is looking at a possible match in the summer to crown a new champion, as the title has been vacant since Nick Diaz signed with the UFC.

Woodley is a perfect 9-0 in his career, including a career-defining win over Paul Daley earlier this year.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hes still very green.

I'd like them to sign Marquardt, he was moving down to welter before he got released.

Hes a legit name.