Tyron Woodley calls for Matt Brown next.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Tyron Woodley washed the taste of his disgusting UFC 174 defeat out of his mouth in a big way in the co main event of UFC Fight Night 48, as Woodley needed only 61 seconds to pound a mudhole in Dong Hyun Kim's face. And as soon as the smoke was cleared, already Woodley was thinking about his next fight.

As far as that's concerned, for Woodley's there's one person in his crosshairs - Matt Brown. But wait, there's more... Woodley also named the place in which he'd like to fight Brown, as he told MMAFighting.com.

Tyron Woodley said:
A fight against Matt Brown seems most interesting. Fans want it. He has a ton of heart and is tough as nails.

Really looking at the landscape of the division, this fight stood out first. Granted it's one of the toughest fights, but it's a good match-up, people love him, he was a fight away from a title shot, ranked fifth, and fans would flip. I feel like he will bring the best out of me and test my limits. I respect him as a fighter and feel fighting him makes the most since for my career.

I would also like to do this whenever they have Johny Hendricks vs Robbie Lawler 2 and have it be the co-main event. That way there isn't a stagger on when we all compete and run into the problem of people already being paired up, injured, or a won-loss formula doesn't work.

Plus, having the title bout after my fight has always made me send a message that I'm coming for you. I'll get up for this one.

Ironically enough, the last time he fought before Hendricks and Lawler at UFC 171. He was successful when Carlos Condit succumbed a horrifying injury, awarding Woodley the TKO victory in the second round. But in this case, Woodley will have to wait for Brown.

Brown is currently serving a medical suspension following a nasal fracture that occured in his 5 round war opposite Robbie Lawler at UFC on Fox 12, and he'll more than likely be out for the rest of the year.

Someone who may be able to fill that void in the mean time is the man that Woodley replaced - Hector Lombard. A very similar style and physical stature makes Woodley vs Lombard another interesting fight to take should he decide to fight before the year's finish.

Currently Woodley is 3-1 in his last 4 fights with KO/TKO wins over Josh Koscheck, Carlos Condit, and most recently DHK. His only loss comes from the hands of Rory MacDonad, who will meet Tarec Saffedine at UFC Fight Night: Halifax. Considering Rory has a win over Woodley, would it not make sense for him to get the following title shot?

Only time will tell.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Source: Ariel Helwani (MMAFighting.com)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Like stated in this thread: http://wrestlingpunks.com/threads/12373-Five-Fights-for-Matt-Brown-to-take-next

I believe Matt Brown and Woodley makes sense. Man the welterweight division is stacked now a days.