Tyler Toner Ready When UFC Calls Him Back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This past Saturday at Ring of Fire 42 former WEC/UFC featherweight Tyler “Thunderâ€￾ Toner was anticipating a tough bout from his opponent, Nick Macias, and that’s exactly what he got.

“I’m a little disappointed that I couldn’t finish him,â€￾ said Toner. “He had a pretty solid chin. I hit him with some hard shots that drop pretty much everyone else I hit with, and he was still there.

“I got a sense he was going to try to take me to the ground and win on wrestling. That’s pretty much what I prepared for. I defended the takedown well. He only got me down once. I think it was pretty much what I expected.â€￾

Considering he was out of action for nine months, Toner is happy to have closed out the year with back-to-back wins.

“I got the fight over with and now I’m ready to enjoy the holidays and get back to training next week,â€￾ he said. “I didn’t have any injuries or anything, so 2011 I’d say was a good year.â€￾

Also picking up a win on Saturday was former IFL lightweight champion Ryan “The Lionâ€￾ Schultz, who was making his debut at 145-pounds.

When asked if that could be a possible future match-up, Toner replied, “I didn’t get a chance to see that fight, but I did get a chance to train with him a little bit, and the guy’s definitely a beast.

“Who knows? (There might be interest) if somebody wants to set it up.â€￾

For Toner it’s not so much about who he is fighting as opposed to where he is fighting – namely a possible return to the UFC.

“That’s up to them,â€￾ he said. “I think I’m of that caliber, and I’m ready whenever they call me.

“I’m open to fighting wherever I get fights. I don’t really care what organization. Ideally it would be the UFC and getting better exposure, tougher fights, and better paydays, but whatever comes up is what is going to happen.â€￾