Tyler Perry to Play Alex Cross

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
For his next gig, Tyler Perry is losing the wig and donning the suit of detective-psychologist Alex Cross.

QED is mounting a production based on the popular James Patterson character that has already been portrayed by Morgan Freeman in two previous studio movies.

Rob Cohen is on board to direct the new take, which has no distribution. QED will be selling worldwide rights in a few weeks at European Film Market in Berlin.

Patterson and Kerry Williamson wrote a draft of the script, which will be polished by Marc Moss.

Patterson's creation has proved to be an enduring one since his debut in 1993's Along Came a Spider. His 18th novel featuring the character will be released later this year.

Idris Elba was due to portray the detective in an indie due to be directed by David Twohy, but that adaptation appears to be shelved for now.

Perry is best known for his voluminous work as a director-screenwriter-producer of urban dramas and for playing the outspoken black female character of Madea in many of his movies. This would be the first major role Perry has undertaken that doesn't involve one of his projects.

Cohen last directed The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor .

Credit: Hollywood Reporter

I have read most of the Alex Cross series from James Patterson yet I have never seen any of the previous two films adapted from the books. Previously the role of Alex Cross was played by Morgan Freeman so it is a step down having Tyler Perry play that role. I haven't actually seen any of Perry's films since the subject doesn't interest me and the only acting role I have seen him play is in Star Trek. I will need to wait until I see some previews but I have my doubts that this movie will be successful.