Two Cast Members leaving Parks & Recreation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TVLine said:
In literally shocking news, Ann Perkins and Chris Traeger are leaving Pawnee.
Parks and Recreation staples Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe will depart the critical darling in its sixth season, sources confirm to TVLine.

As first reported by Buzzfeed, the pair will leave in the February sweeps-timed 13th episode of the NBC comedy’s upcoming run.

No reason for the duo’s departure has been given, but it’s safe to assume their characters will be written off the canvas together: As executive producer
Mike Schur notes in a statement, Ann and Chris are currently in the process of having a baby.

“The news about Rob and Rashida is true — they will be leaving the show after the 13th episode of the upcoming season six,†Mike Schur says. †We’ve been working on their storyline (on and off) for four seasons now, and heading into this year, with the two of them contemplating parenthood, it felt like a natural time to move them into the next phase.

“We absolutely love both Rashida and Rob, and will be sad to see them go. Rashida was one of the very first people we knew we wanted in the cast, and as important as Ann is to Leslie (and vice-versa), she’ll certainly never be far from Pawnee. Rob we initially thought we could only have for six or eight episodes, and we couldn’t be happier that he will have stuck around for 75.â€

Schur continues, “They are wonderful, funny, committed actors, they’ve been a huge part of the Parks and Rec family, and we think we have a great Pawnee send-off in the works for them.â€

This isn’t the first time Lowe has left a series before the end of its run. The actor famously walked away from The West Wing during Season 4, on the heels of a salary dispute/decreased airtime. (“It has been increasingly clear, for quite a while, that there was no longer a place for Sam Seaborn on The West Wing,†he said in a statement at the time.)

Jones has been part of Parks since its April 2009 debut, while Lowe came aboard the sitcom in the final leg of Season 2.

Pretty big move for both to be leaving the show. It is an ensemble cast so thankfully there are enough other characters to fill the gap once they leave. I am not a fan of the Chris character and whilst I like Ann she can be a bit bland at times. At least Ron and Andy are sticking around.

I am only at the end of Season 4 of Parks & Rec so I am a whole season behind. One of the best comedies around at the moment.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Never know that is why Lowe left the West Wing I just thought it was because he was getting more move work or something.

Am a big fan of Jones from the Office days.

Have to be honest I have never seen this show but I hear fantastic things, the BBC have recently started showing, but I have managed to miss it on there, anyway will try and get the first season on DVD for a cheap price and give it a look.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never know that is why Lowe left the West Wing I just thought it was because he was getting more move work or something.

Am a big fan of Jones from the Office days.

Have to be honest I have never seen this show but I hear fantastic things, the BBC have recently started showing, but I have managed to miss it on there, anyway will try and get the first season on DVD for a cheap price and give it a look.

Honestly try to get the second season instead. The first season isn't that good and they end up changing the Leslie character quite a bit between Season 1 and 2. In the first season she comes across as a ditsy dumb blonde and it doesn't work anywhere near as well as it does when they make her a strong, smart, assertive woman.

The first season is only six episodes so it should be cheap but it isn't the best reflection of how good the show is.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Ok might just try and see the first online and go from there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that would be the best way to go about it. It is good to watch because it sets up the main storyline but other than that skip it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
This is bloody awful as not only am I gonna miss Mr. Positive and Ann's hawtness. The only good thing I can take from this is more Jerry time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mr Positive is too much sometimes for me, too gimmicky for the show. I want to see more of Jean-Ralphio, incredibly funny character.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thought it be a good time to revive this as I have no caught up on the first three seasons on The BEEB. Agree with Troy (wherever you!) that the first wasn't great, guess that happens a lot when you only have six episodes and a big cast, but yeah really love the second and third seasons, and look forward to seeing more. Think Ron might be my favourite character, a great BOSS! All he needs to do sometimes is show up on screen and he is funny!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, the first season is a bit hit and miss. The writin' for Ron gets way better in the later seasons.