Turning Orton face.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Just a random thought.

If, and this is obviously a big if since Orton's one of the top heels in WWE atm, you were to make Orton a face, how would you go about it?

Any particular storyline you'd like to see occur? You can even talk about how much you don't want this to happen, hehehe.

Klide

Hmm.. Orton as face lmao.. but probably have to do something with legacy. Id probably have legacy turning on orton and either one of them taking the gold and the other ring side.(manager)

CenaMark54

Hmm.. Orton as face lmao.. but probably have to do something with legacy. Id probably have legacy turning on orton and either one of them taking the gold and the other ring side.(manager)

Having Ortons "friends" turn on him didn't work last time and wont work this time. Orton has to be the one to have a change of heart, not those around him.

It would be pretty easy to turn him. Have Cena get beat down by a bunch of heels. Orton slowly walks to the ring, grabs a chair, pretends like he is gonna hit Cena, then take out all the heels.

phantomgerald

I wouldn't want Orton face though. He's one of those wrestlers where they can only do one side great, and the other side only average. Turning Orton face would be losing one of your top heels and getting a distinctly ordinary face wrestler.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Orton as a face just wouldn't work after all the things he's done. Tweener, I could see, if he pulled a Kane face turn and simply started feuding with other heels. But he'd never work as the guy who hugs his tag partner after the match.

Soulpower

Probably what Cenamark said. Either that or just have Orton start taking out other heels... Without changing absolutely NOTHING about his current character.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Bad idea. He and Punk are their top heels.

noumenon

I don't think that it necessarily wouldn't work...people cheer for him even as a heel. I think at some point a few years down the road Orton would work quite well as a bad ass tweener. Almost an Austin'ish type of face that gets cheered even though they really don't give a fuck.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I love how as a heel, the smarks cheer the crap out of Orton. Which would naturally solicit creative to turn him face since he's getting pops. But then he turns face and the same fans boo the crap out of him. Soliciting back to a heel turn, where cheers resume. It's the never ending IWC circle of refusing to play ball with kayfabe while they bitch and moan about how kayfabe is dead. lol.

punisher87

Reaction score
turning Orton face is a horrible idea. think about it last time they did it was at summerslam 04 when he beat beniot for the world title, they completed the turn by having evoution turn on him the following night on raw. orton was kept a face for the next 6 months but the crowd reaction fell really fast which is y they turned him heel and had him start a feud with the undertaker for wrestlemania 21 and kept him heel ever since. his face work was alright but look at his heel work in the past 3 years its been amazing. he can put over alot of faces and still get away looking good as a heel. his work earlier this year with triple h was amazing. even tho he didnt win the title at wrestlemania 25, he still kept his heat with the fans the next night on raw. overall orton is a really well established heel turning him face now would be one of the worst ideas ever, i say wait till at least when he starts getting the same reaction triple h got b4 they turned him face.

Hometown Kid

His work is boring and uncharismatic as of now, with a ridiculous overhyping of facial expressions. The only way he's going to be over is going to be on the things he does, not his promos or ringwork. "Maniacal heel" is about all he can do at this point. They could give him a radical change of character to make him face though...I say bring him back as a face version of his "RNN" gimmick. I don't like him much, but that owned.

Reaction score
I dont think it'll work out that well. Orton does would likely be boring as a face and wouldn't come off as well with the crowd.

LadyHotrod

After all the shit he did as a heel, I certainly wouldn't be able to buy him as a face.