TSS's Debating tourney round 1: Rosewt01 v. mont

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

ok, here we go. you can each submit an argument and decide which you are. if mont will be pro then rose will be con. and then after 1 post each you both can argue with a further 2 posts. so in all 3 posts will be given by each. of course you dont need to post more than once if you dont feel like it.

TOPIC: Roh will be better than WWE one day.

you have til monday night and you decicde among yourselfs who is who.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
No ROH will never be as good because when i gets anywhere near, WWE will just buy it out.

Nothing good just stating the facts.

John

ok, i know mont would like to be a pro on this. Monday night deadline!!!

Montana

"Perfection is an Opinion"

"why ROH will be better than the WWE One day"
Part 1

Does anyone remember the NWA? The AWA? WCW? ECW? I ask this question because all of my past favorite organizations have crumbled. Why? Its a business. Nothing last forever, Everything goes in cycles. Vince Mcmahon is the heart and soul of the WWE, is he not human. There is only two things certain in life, and that’s taxes and death and you can’t cheat either. The wwe is an Empire with almost unlimited funds, at the moment. Many would think it would be near impossible for such successful business to roll over and die, and that’s human nature. The economy changes, society changes, and with ongoing drug related issues currently affecting the WWE product, their successful formula is bound to change. Change isn’t bad, but it must be accepted. Remember when the WWE changed its name from WWF to WWE. The WWE lost that battle, one of the few battles its lost, but it is not invincible. At that point in time, it was more than just a name change. Its was a change in mind state and attitude. It was a change in the product. No longer would they be associated with “wrasslin†but they are “sports entertainment†Slowly die hard “wrestling†fans turn their back on a company they once admired. Even in the early to mid 90’s fans questioned the WWF and its performers. All it took was Hulk Hogan to jump to WCW for the fans to turn the channel. Now here in 2008, the WWE is still transforming their product to a more entertainment based show.

Now to the question at hand, Why will ROH be better than the WWE one day? Ethics, Morals, Values, and a Wrestling Based Product. Its called ring of HONOR, for a reason. They respect the business, wrestlers, and their fans. ROH listens to their fans 100% of the time. It doesn’t take a ratings slip, to do what the fans like. ROH wrestlers have a work ethic which is unmatched in north American wrestling. I dare ANYONE to not say ROH is better than the WWE right now, IF you have been to a live ROH show. Sure, ROH started off as a small indy, which is now a super Indy, but why grow overnight? Companies that grow too fast are bound to fall. ROH is not going to make the same mistakes ECW Made. ROH is basically an upgraded version of ECW. Their problem was they grew too fast. ROH isn’t making that mistake. They are going city to city, earning fans respect. ROH already has great attendance numbers for their main locations in the Midwest. Their show WM weekend boosted almost 2,000 fans. Not bad for a small indy going up against TNA and the Hall of Fame. One by One, ROH adds new locations each year to make their stomping grounds. Soon they are stepping up to the Hammerstein Ballroom which holds 2,500+. A big step for a company was isn’t on television in the US. I think we all remember what happened the last time the WWE went there? If not, they practically got boo’d out of the building on live television. Don’t believe me, just watch Big show vs Batista. Several ROH shirts and signs were spotted in attendance. ROH is also now doing PPV’s and have gotten a deal to sell select DVD titles in Best Buy and FYE slowly getting their name out there. So lets assume ROH will slowly grow and one day make it to television. Who’s going to be the big stars in the WWE/TNA? Lets see, CM Punk recently won the Money in the Bank, so that means he will likely win the wwe championship. Who’s the TNA Champ? Samoa Joe? Where did those guys come from? Oh yeah, ROH. What happens when ROH steals back some of their original talent? The wrestlers the fans actually care about will be retired. HBK and Undertaker won’t last forever. When those guys retire and Vince steps down, the WWE is going to have to undergo drastic changes to stay atop of business. As we know, One major jump can change Everything.

The main difference between the WWE and ROH is the product. In terms of wrestling the WWE can’t compete with ROH on any level. But, Im assuming by “better†you mean more money/fan base. Look at boxing, that used to be the main fighting sport. They did not care about competition and the UFC is kicking their behinds right now. ROH has some similar characteristics to UFC. ROH uses a strong style wrestling, means generally when they hit you. They really hit you. I was watching an old dvd the other day and you could see AJ throws a REAL closed fist to Samoa Joe’s jaw. There is more emotion and attitude in the ROH product. All the money in the world doesn’t mean anything if don’t have the respect of the fans. Lets look at TNA at the moment. This is saying “what if†but lets say they do go out of business. Who’s going to benefit the most? ROH can realistically piggy back off of all of TNA’s success and jump right into their mold and start off with a 1.1 rating. But as I said before, it all comes down to product. Stale is Stale. Once fans see the full ROH product, and not just a match here and there, they will see it is the complete wrestling organization. Every form of wrestling is represented. You have something for everyone, even the “entertaining†gimmicks. Wrestling can still be wrestling, and be entertaining and ROH is a perfect example of that. Just having this discussion, means there is a chance in the back of some peoples mind. Has the WWE ever really been compared to a Indy?

I pulled out my crystal ball for the last part. Here how I think wwe/roh will do over the next few years. The WWE is going to be WWE, but they will move and move towards entertainment. It wouldn’t surprise if one of their main programming show ends up on MTV. I’m thinking 2013 the wwe is going to start to become desperate. Around 2013 TNA will be cutting major cost corners left and right and their demise is near, and ROH will be moving onto a better channel and distribution of there product. 2016 the wwe is become alright with lower ratings and try to get back the original wrestling fans, but by this time, the war will have already started. Wrestling vs Entertainment. A few jumps to ROH puts them out there with ratings near 1.5 compared to a WWE 2.25. Finally they head to head in 2018, and come 2020 ROH will have more viewers. That’s how I see things. A break up in between Wrestling and Entertainment.

John

thanks mont. ok, when rose's posted his trvia then the judges will judge.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
That is riudiculos. Mr. McMahon would buy it out if it got anywahere near as good. He has the money to do it so he would.

I am not posting a long story about it because end of story WWE will always buy out competiton.

John

well if your not willing to abide by the rules mont will advance. so are you posting or not? mont will advance if not, btw i'm not mad. it just means no judging and less for me to do. if you want to still participate then no probs.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I just posted that was my reason.

John

ok, tell me when you will post again, if again and i'll get the judges to look.

CenaMark54

I'll give you my vote now.

For one thing, if ROH got anywhere near the WWE, what makes you think that McMahon would be able to buy them out. You can't buy something that isn't for sale and the last I heard ROH is a privately owned company. Vince can't just go around buying everything that resembles competition and, if anything, Vince would be happy if a company like ROH could step it up and somewhat compete on the WWE levels. ROH and TNA succeeding will only generate more interest in professional wrestling and it will be good for the entire industry.

My vote is going to Montana. I may not agree with everything he said, but he does make some good arguments.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Well I think that if ROH got better, Mr McMahon will hire new writters and try his best to make WWE better and if they weren't for sale, they would try everything.
Plus ROH need a TV deal which when they get will be hard to eventually compete with WWE. ROH need more known wrestlers and by the time there wrestlers will be known it will be about 2040 and by then i beleive that wrestling will not be as big.

John

one out of four judges already posted there vote. you need to sway over the other 3, my vote counts as two btw. me bling and WS.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Montana made some good points here and so did rosewt01

but I can only pick one of them....and I have to go with......hmmm Montana

John

ok 2 to mont 0 to rose. 3 more votes left. ws and me to decide. i'll let ws do his first so mine's the decider.

John

btw my vote

both made good arguments but montana wins my vote. so montana goes to the next round, sorry rose. 3 rep points to you, sorry brother.