Trucker Drives Over Peru's World-Renowned Nazca Lines

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
A truck driver was detained last week by authorities after driving over Peru's world-renowned Nazca lines.

According to the Associated Press, Jainer Jesús Flores Vigo drove into an unauthorized area of the UNESCO World Heritage site, leaving behind “deep scars” in an area of more than 100 feet by 300 feet that damaged parts of three lines, Peru's Ministry of Culture said.

Vigo is expected to be charged with an “attack against cultural heritage,” according to the government-owned news outlet Andina.

The Nazca lines, created by a pre-Inca civilization, are geoglyphs located about 200 miles south of Lima. They are 2,000-year-old etchings sketched into the ground depicting birds, monkeys and humans and are thought to have had ritual astronomical purposes, according to National Geographic. Some of the large images span an area of up to 1,200 feet.

Following the incident, authorities vowed to increase patrols of the site.

“While the Culture Ministry monitors areas with the largest concentration of geoglyphs every day, it may not be fully protected,” Johnny Isla, an archaeologist with the Culture Ministry, told Andina. “Entry and transit are possible through valleys and streams where the archaeological area spreads out.”

Trucker Drives Over Peru's World-Renowned Nazca Lines | The Weather Channel

Idiot.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This seriously pisses me off because I love the Nazca Lines. This moron belongs on a cross.