Trolling a Boxer on Twitter almost goes badly wrong

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Former-footballer-turned-boxer Curtis Woodhouse went to extraordinary lengths to put a Twitter user who abused him in his place.
The 32-year-old, who switched to boxing in 2006, lost his English light-welterweight title to Shayne Singleton on a points decision on Friday night.
He subsequently received taunts from ‘Jimmyob88’ a Twitter user who described Woodhouse as a ‘disgrace’.

Woodhouse, angered by the jibes, asked his followers if they could help him locate the user in real life, offering a £1,000 reward for information.
Having discovered he lived in Sheffield, Woodhouse set off and drove around 70 miles to find him, even tweeting a picture of the street he believed Jimmyob88 to live in.

“Right Jimbob, I’m here,†Woodhouse tweeted, “Someone tell me what number he lives at or do I have to knock on every door #itsshowtime.â€
Although he didn’t end up actually meeting the troll, Woodhouse settled for simply giving him a serious scare.

“Just had a call from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody and @jimmyob88 has asked what he can do to make me go away!â€

The user himself was also chastened, tweeting the boxer to say: “I am sorry it’s getting a bit out of hand, I am in the wrong I accept that.â€

But the incident quickly became a talking point on Twitter, with Woodhouse drawing praise from an unlikely source in Joey Barton.

“I'm not an advocate of violence but what @woodhousecurtis has just done is hilarious!†Barton wrote, before telling him “You’re my hero.â€

Lennox Lewis and John Prescott were also among the people who tweeted their amusement at the events.

And Woodhouse himself was able to see the funny side, adding afterwards: “Just found out you can block people!! Could have let me know earlier, I could have saved 20 quid in petrol!â€

:boxing:

Hilarious, classic case of keyboard warrior.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Yeah it wouldn't have been funny had that boxer knocked on the door and got shot. Gotta be more careful.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Yeah it wouldn't have been funny had that boxer knocked on the door and got shot. Gotta be more careful.

Dude, this isn't America, guns aren't as commonly found in households here :lol:

Most likely worse case scenario would have been getting attacked by a house full of pikeys.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Uhh, where did this happen at? lol

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Somewhere in England, not too sure where exactly though (probably for the best in the trolls case).

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I would say. :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
It's good to see that somebody is finally standing up to internet trolls.