Trish Stratus talks WWE return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
079_raw_02272023hm_15342--a0733c21ddececb5b8e28df89a98b37d.jpg

Trish Stratus says a big reason why she is back in WWE is to work with a new generation of talent.

Stratus is scheduled to team with Lita and Becky Lynch against Damage CTRL at WrestleMania 39. It will be her first match since losing to Charlotte Flair at SummerSlam 2019 in Toronto.

Stratus told SI.com that she will only return to WWE "if it's fun" and that she enjoys working with a new generation of talent.

Stratus said:

I’ll only come back if it’s fun. I’m taking time away from my businesses and my babies. I love passing the torch and passing on my knowledge. It’s the little things that make a superstar. Was I the greatest wrestler? I don’t know, but I knew how to make people take notice. I loved that about working with Charlotte. When you hear Sasha Banks or Charlotte or Nattie [Natalya Neidhart] talk about our influence, that makes me go, “Oh s---. I want to keep doing this, and now with them.

Stratus has made sporadic appearances for WWE in recent years. She guest-hosted a WWE live event in Toronto in March 2022. When WWE returned to the city for Raw that August, Stratus appeared in a segment with Bianca Belair and Damage CTRL on the show.

Stratus also spoke about working with Lita and their shared history in WWE.

When Lita and I were coming up, we were a sideshow. But we became a voice. We represented the division and we set out to change the preconceived notion about what women could be in this business. It was not easy. A lot of it was uphill. But we persevered and we made great strides.

Stratus returned to WWE on the February 27, 2023, edition of WWE Raw. She helped Lita and Becky Lynch defeat Dakota Kai & IYO Sky for the tag titles on the show. The following week, Trish challenged Damage CTRL to face her, Lynch, and Lita at WrestleMania.

Damage CTRL attacked Stratus backstage on Monday's Raw. However, she was interviewed alongside Lynch and Lita later in the show and appeared to be relatively unharmed.