Trish Stratus Discusses "Cold Shoulder" Incident with John Morrison Last Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Trish Stratus appeared on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight to discuss her WWE career and how yoga has changed her life. Two minutes into the interview, George Stroumboulopoulos asks the seven-time WWE Women’s Champion if John Morrison resented her appearance at WrestleMania last year. Her participation in the tag team match with Morrison and Jersey Shore star Snooki against LayCool and Dolph Ziggler reportedly upset Morrison and girlfriend Melina.

“I don’t know if he did… he might have said that,†she responds.

Stratus continues, “He’s entitled to his opinion. It was one of these things where we had an epic moment, it was WrestleMania, our biggest stage of them all, and I had been retired. So I’m out of the scene and suddenly I get to come back and be in the grandest stage of all, I get to be at WrestleMania. Well he thought “that’s not cool†because I guess his girlfriend is a women wrestler and so he thought maybe another girl deserved that spot. But, I had gone back to WWE television to do Tough Enough, which was a reality show they did to find the next WWE Superstar. They asked me to be back, we promoted that show, etc. He was a little resistant, like there were some moments where I was like, “Oh, he’s not meshing with me.â€

Stratus then details the ‘famous cold shoulder incident’ where she was snubbed by Morrison during their post-match celebration at WrestleMania when she attempted to embrace him.

“We have a famous cold shoulder incident. Well, we’re on live television. We had a match, we won the match, we were victorious as a team and then I went to go like, we do that typical thing, you raise the hand, you point [and he went in another direction, leaving Trish hanging],†she explains.

“I just said to him, “Hey, what you’ve done now, is because your career is made up of moments, so now you’ve taken a moment from the fans, really.†Because they don’t care about backstage politics, they don’t care if you think your girlfriend should be in that spot or whatever it was. So he just denied the fans and himself and that’s that.â€

Stroumboulopoulos then asks Stratus if Morrison would have snubbed her had she not been a woman.

“Probably wouldn’t have done that to me if I wasn’t a woman, yeah,†she responds.

We all know how well this worked out for John Morrison. In the end the guy was too whipped by Melina, he should have been over the moon that he was in a match with Trish and Snooki because it gave him more exposure. Plus Morrison should have been more annoyed with Snooki rather than Trish, at least Trish is a wrestler.

Surprised that she is still being asked about it. I would be asking her when Season Two of Tough Enough starts.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've heard 0 news about TE season 2

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I enjoyed the first season of Tough Enough and I'd love to see a second season, especially with SCSA. He made the show watchable and it was very entertaining with him, golden insults. :lmao

Oh, and John Morrison is a tool.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Don't see what he had to complain about he was still in the match, and at the time both he and melina still had a job they weren't gone the next day like snooki

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This is a damn shame because Morrison was doing incredible in his push from October 2010 to April 2011. It really sucks how he never got over the fact that Melina simply couldn't get in the match.

Deuce

Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe JoMo didn't want to go near her or anything because he didn't want to get aids from Stratus that she got from Snooki... we'll never know.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Who knows? Maybe JoMo didn't want to go near her or anything because he didn't want to get aids from Stratus that she got from Snooki... we'll never know.

lolwat

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Meh, Morrison didn't really deny anything from the fans by snubbing her. I didn't even notice until I read about it. When people look back on WrestlemaniaXXVII 25 years from now, that match won't matter to anyone.

It was a little immature of him to take it out on her publicly, but I can't really blame him for feeling the way he did about it. Though he shouldn't worry so much about Melina, because without that match, Morrison wouldn't have even been on the ppv. Still don't think it was even necessary for he and Dolph to be in that match, but eh.

Aniking

Reaction score
Meh, Morrison didn't really deny anything from the fans by snubbing her. I didn't even notice until I read about it. When people look back on WrestlemaniaXXVII 25 years from now, that match won't matter to anyone.

And this makes Morrison's situation so much worse. This was all over a match that was basically a filler, and because of this any real momentum he had was basically shot. I get it's Wrestlemania and all, but not every match on the card is going to be amazing.

He really lost his job, in the end, over something really petty.