Triple H feels MMA needs to evolve not WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

Moviefone's Eric Larnick is featuring an interview with WWE's Triple H where he talks about comparisons between WWE and UFC and why he feels UFC needs to be the one to evolve.

"I don't think we have to evolve. It's two totally different things. I think now especially there's this thing like, "oh it's very similar."

I don't see us needing to evolve to what UFC does because quite frankly sometimes the fights are long and boring, guys lying around and sometimes the fights are fast and over in five seconds. I've always thought one of the things about us, if you look at us solely from a sports standpoint, is that we always give you a good show. We're never going to give you a crap game.

I think if anybody needs to evolve, it's them. Give more of an entertainment standpoint. Give more form; they just have fighters who walk in in T-shirts and shorts and just stand there and then they fight and then they win and then they go "thanks, I'd like to thank my sponsors" and then they leave. The whole world was up in arms when Brock was flipping people off and was cussing at the beer company because they didn't give him any money and everyone thought, "oh my god, he's disrespectful," -- the whole world was talking about it. They couldn't wait to see him get beat up. And then he did well, and he beat some guys and then people jump on his bandwagon going "Brock's the greatest." I'm good friends with Floyd Mayweather and Floyd would be the first to tell ya, "I make the most money in boxing and I have the biggest buyers because I have the biggest mouth." He'd be the first guy to tell you that. That's what it's about. Sports is entertainment."

CM Punk issued the following response on Twitter to HHH's remarks:

"RIDICULOUS!!!!! Laugh out loud ignorance."
Now I get what he was trying to say and I respect the man but to try and generalize MMA like that is pretty stupid. It's a legit sport so it is the nature of the beast if the fight happens to be 30 seconds or being drawn out on the ground.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well that is the one reason I never liked MMA was the fact you'd hype these big fights and they don't deliver while in wrestling because it's two people working with each other moreso than against each other that it ends up having the chance of being much better. I am so glad wrestling is FAKE.

So yeah I'm with Triple H on them having to evolve into a FAKE product(at least I'd find it more entertaining). Also, wrestling is constantly evolving and has since the early 1900s so changes come with wrestling all the time. Look how far it has come?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I do agree with him that they could improve the entertainment aspect without a shadow of a doubt. I've always felt that each guy should have a standard titantron that plays down the left hand side of the screen showing their highlights as they're walking to the ring and wha not, think back to SmackDown a few years ago. Other than that, I don't see what else they can do to evolve really as they're reaching more and more homes, going into new countires etc etc.

Onto his thoughts about the lengths of fights, I don't really agree with him at all. A quick 30 second KO can be hugely entertaining, whereas you can't say that for a wrestling match really can you. Likewise a 3 or 5 round war can be just as entertaining. It's just the whole unpredictability of the fights that no matter how good you are, you can be one punch or submission away from losing. Brock/Carwin, Anderson/Sonnen etc.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah that is the only aspect I agree with him with on is the entertainment aspect. That is why Brock became their biggest draw because he was/is the most interesting fighter they have.

You start making it seem like you're trying to fix your fights then UFC or whatever company that does that is gonna end up dying.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If they start fixing fights and having the two fighters work together... Then it just becomes wrestling. It's what happens in a perfect world.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Which is exactly what they wouldn't want considering how much MMA has shit on wrestling for being fake. Would really kill the sport at the end of the day and make it lose it's appeal of having guys legit beat the shit out of each other and if anything help boxing out for not being fixed.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Boxing is on life support compared to wrestling and MMA.

I'm not sure it would kill it either because a lot of the MMA fans are wrestling fans but mostly about it being a perfect world is my opinion.

Onyx

Reaction score
That's a load of bollocks. I'm not going to speak on MMA/UFC, because I do not watch or have any interest in MMA/UFC. But I will say that WWE does still need to evolve in some areas. WWE needs to evolve in their creative story-lines. Because any WWE fan that started watching in the Attitude Era or early Ruthless Aggression Era, would agree that WWE needs to evolve in many things. But WWE should mainly look at how they work the superstars story-lines. And the build ups to particular superstars & divas story-lines. And WWE should also work more with their mid-carders & low-carders to some degree.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- UFC held a press conference this afternoon to promote Saturday's UFC 135 pay-per-view. During the media event, Triple H's recent comments were brought up, where Triple H said that UFC needs to adapt to keep pace with WWE. After UFC's Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones called HHH's comments, "ridiculous," UFC president Dana White then chimed in. While said that Vince McMahon is finally letting Triple H talk, and once he gets some more experience in his new role , Triple H "will learn soon not to say stupid things."
DANA.