Travis Browne has fight with Ben Rothwell in mind.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
mmafighting.com said:
With the heavyweight landscape changing so rapidly over the last couple of months, the game of calling people out is heating up.

And one heavyweight looking to get back on track, Travis Browne, knows who he'd like to face next in the Octagon.

According to a report on UFC Tonight, Browne would like to face the rejuvenated Ben Rothwell in his next fight. Browne's manager John Fosco told Ariel Helwani that the Browne camp remembers when Rothwell had called him out a few fights ago.

Since losing to Gabriel Gonzaga in January 2013, Rothwell has come charging back into contention with three straight victories. His last two -- against Alistair Overeem and Matt Mitrone -- opened a lot of eyes. With Fabricio Werdum having dethroned Cain Velasquez at UFC 188, the heavyweight pecking order is a little up in the air.

Browne is coming off a loss against Andrei Arlovski at UFC 187, but it was one of the more memorable fights of 2015. The Hawaiian fighter has now lost two of his last three fights, including a loss to Werdum in April 2014.

Author: MMA Newswire

--------------------------------------------------

I like the sound of this. Ben Rothwell doesn't stay active enough for him to be ranked amongst the top 5 even if he does have 3 straight finishes over tenured opponents. I personally thought Travis Browne would have been matched up against Rothwell at UFC 187, but the Arlovski fight was more than a blessing so I'm not gonna complain. C'mon Dana White, Joe Silva, Sean Shelby... let's make this happens.