Transcription thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
There are times when the wrestlers expres themsevles using a kind of linguo that isn´t immediately understandable because it uses facts and figures to convey meanings. I get the jist of what they say, but sometimes I feel like captions might be helpful at times.

Like, in his autobiography, Brock Lesnar says this...

´When I´m out there, in the ring, on the job, I´m there to entertain you. I understand that. You paid to see me and I owe it to you to make sure your money was well spent.´

Now, in laymans terms, I don´t get what he´s saying because, to my mind, he´s using metaphors to put his point accross. It seems to me that he´s saying that he owes something to someone, but the reason and the concept of owing isn´t clear to me.

In laymans terms, what does he mean to say?

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Like, in his autobiography, Brock Lesnar says this...

´When I´m out there, in the ring, on the job, I´m there to entertain you. I understand that. You paid to see me and I owe it to you to make sure your money was well spent.´

His true reaction:

200.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
When I´m out there, in the ring, on the job, I´m there to entertain you.

He is saying that he is working like "a product" and his purpose is to give people enjoyment.

I understand that.

He knows what he is doing or meant to be doing.

You paid to see me and I owe it to you to make sure your money was well spent.

People are charged money to see him put on a show as a product in a larger company and part of his duty is to make sure people are pleased with what they purchased (the experience).

People (some) don't like to hear it but with the WWE and all other outlets of entertainment, be it a sporting event/game or going to see a concert, the person or people we are viewing are "products" of a larger business and they are meant to make said business money by being reliable sources of entertainment. It is no different than buying a console. However, we don't buy these people but we buy the right to be entertained by them.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'd like to ask for an explanation on another matter that confuses me. First off, I won't mention anymore names because modern interviews, twitter, facebook, make people talk too personally about themselves and more than ever, I'd like to return to the state of grace that was life when either interviewers wouldn't go so deep or people wouldn't express their innermost wishes regarding their kids. So, the name of the person in question will remain anonymous.

The diva said, regarding her daughter, 'when she's eighteen and she's out of my house...' I was wondering what on earth she meant.

Uh, why does she say 'my house' instead of 'home' and why doesn't she say 'when she leaves home?' The way she puts it makes said diva sound selfish and gives the impression that her daughter is a lodger.

Also, her daughter's going to be 'out of her house,' as early as 13, partying with friends, visiting family, going on holiday, so to my ear, this part of her commentary sounds strange.

Please, would someone help me make sense of this?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Why are you still talking about Brie? I explained it before. She means it like going to college or pursuing her own dreams.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The diva said, regarding her daughter, 'when she's eighteen and she's out of my house...' I was wondering what on earth she meant.

Uh, why does she say 'my house' instead of 'home' and why doesn't she say 'when she leaves home?' The way she puts it makes said diva sound selfish and gives the impression that her daughter is a lodger.

Also, her daughter's going to be 'out of her house,' as early as 13, partying with friends, visiting family, going on holiday, so to my ear, this part of her commentary sounds strange.

Please, would someone help me make sense of this?
The mother expects the 18 year old adult to leave home. This isn't the daughters house anymore as the mother has decided not to accommodate an adult. I think it's positive for the mother to expect the daughter not to be living at home still sucking on the mother's tit.

I don't think that's selfish, that's just an approach that some parents do.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Why are you still talking about Brie? I explained it before. She means it like going to college or pursuing her own dreams.

I understand that. It's not the intent that I'm bringing into focus anymore - you explained it very well and I fully support and sympathize with said goal. I'd do exactly the same thing for my daughter and I myself would like her to leave home <--- take note of how I express the idea... at eighteen. That age is a ripe, young stage of life in which someone can go on to do great things already before fully developing at 25 mentally and then 30, physically, (according to some sources, men fully mature at 30).

What I'm trying to work out is why she made a possessive statement regarding her property... 'my house.'

The house is the 'home' and it is shared by all. That's common knowledge. When the children leave, it empties, but the home remains a jointly owned establishment, so it is neither the husband's nor the wives - it belongs to both of them.

And...

'out of'

Like I said, at 13, even as early as 11, I was 11 when I took my first bus ride to school, I was out of my house. I went to school. Later, I went on school trips, I went out with friends and family, to study, loads of stuff. Thus, I was out of my house, so the term in this context doesn't fit.

I'm not mentioning names anymore. I meant what I said. I'm proving my sincerity by not mentioning anyone by name. Of course, you can choose to refer to them, but I'm not going to because I'm not someone to throw anyone under the bus. I'm going to look back at any old posts and make sure if I make any critiques, no one is green-lighted.

The mother expects the 18 year old adult to leave home. This isn't the daughters house anymore as the mother has decided not to accommodate an adult. I think it's positive for the mother to expect the daughter not to be living at home still sucking on the mother's tit.

I don't think that's selfish, that's just an approach that some parents do.

You misunderstood me. Any responsible parent would wish this for their children. I'm all for independence at a young age. The Middle Ages was built on it and George Lucus has a vision of the future in which young people become the salt of their world when they are in their teens. Natalie Portman wasn't just portraying a hero, she was the embodiment of a world that could be built on the backs of people who are at their very strongest and the best is yet to come for them.

Please refer to the part of this reply that addresses what Snake said.

Last edited: