Tough Enough Returning to Television

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
20150115_EP_LIGHT_toughenough2-hp.jpg

USA Network President Chris McCumber has announced that groundbreaking WWE reality series "Tough Enough" will be returning to television on USA Network.

"I am pleased to announce that USA is bringing back 'Tough Enough,' the action-packed competition reality show from the ratings juggernaut, WWE," McCumber said in a speech today during the Television Critics Association winter press tour. "The show will have a completely new format, with live elements that will truly make this event television."

McCumber continued, "After signing another multi-year deal for Raw and SmackDown, this is the perfect time to bring back the series and capitalize on the enormous audience appeal of sports-entertainment."

Stay with WWE.com as more details about the return of "Tough Enough" are revealed.

The last season was so much fun, I'm pretty pumped about this. Just hope the winner isn't a dud.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Should really pick some people with a little buzz behind them to show indy wrestlers just how different the WWE is. Like how Austin ripped Matt Cross for having ten years experience and still didn't know shit.

TUF style.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Really wouldn't be opposed to them using more indy guys. Glad it is back just cause of how great the last one was as long as Austin is still apart of it at least. Thing is as said hopefully the winner isn't the dud not only from the last one but from when they have held it period. Seems like you'd be better off not winning it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The format has run its course for me. But at least having someone like Austin on it will livern it up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't make it all kayfabey like British Bootcamp was, bring in Grado just to shit on him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm hoping this is going to be better than last seasons because that was absolutely trash. I personally think that they need to pick people for the show who can already wrestle but they just need some polishing from the pros. I just don't want another season full of these waste of space idiots who can't wrestle or have absolutely zero upside even if they end up winning the show.

Figure Austin remains the host and DeMott has a role on the show, wouldn't mind a change from Booker & Trish though and wouldn't be surprised if Billy Gunn was one of them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
No more Cameron's please

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The show is fun to watch, but last year was just so disappointing because of who got picked from the bunch.

I'll watch it again when it comes back but my expectations for building a new star are low this time. Hopefully Austin comes back, interesting hosts are a must.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tough Enough winners don't amount to shit. Can't name one who actually became a star, John Morrison maybe, but Miz is the biggest success from Tough Enough. It's just a showcase of how hard this shit is.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Tough Enough winners don't amount to shit. Can't name one who actually became a star, John Morrison maybe, but Miz is the biggest success from Tough Enough. It's just a showcase of how hard this shit is.

Except it doesn't because it suggests that you can learn all you need to in six weeks (or however long it lasts). It gives a hint at how tough it can be but then a lot of that is done for comedy value.

When it debut in 2001 it was one of the better reality/contest type shows but it has limited appeal now, partly because there are so many other out there today.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You're basing comedic shit from that Smackdown version. The Tough Enough show, is about doing drills made by a guy who couldn't do them in his prime. Which I'm fine with, best thing to do is go old school Verne Gagne on these marks. Work them to the bone, get them ready for pain.

Still think they should bring in some guys on the Indy scene with some buzz, either they get a good talent out of it, or they can show just why the WWE superstars are vastly different than some pro wrestler.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^No I'm not I saw the other verison as well. Like I said I quite like the show, but the guest appearances are mostly to draw viewers, and for the novality value of having them drill the rookies. I doubt it actually teaches them much of value at all. And the other problem is that they are not on the show anywhere near long enough to really learn, but they do counter that by sounding them to development which is something.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The only thing those drills do is condition you, flat backs and front flips condition you to make sure you do it right every time.

How many dumbfucks from those shows have landed on their heads doing what looks like simple front flips?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Should do it like the first year of NXT Rookies. Basically use it to prove some rookie guys they've been indecisive on to make or break them. Though at this point I expect the show to fail again. I mean seriously how many times are we going to get this they're just so inconsistent.