Top 10 Hell in a Cell matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HIAC Fan

Reaction score
Hell in a Cell (HIAC) matches are the most brutal and iconic matches in WWE. Though they have been diluted since the WWE went PG in 2008, in recent years some HIAC matches showed they can be physical, brutal and amazing without the need for blood. There are many great HIAC matches beside these that didn't make this list and others might have different opinions too, but these are imo the best HIAC matches ever, so here we go:

1. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, Hell in a Cell match Badd Blood 1997. (The original can not be topped, it was awesome start to finish between two of the most iconic stars ever with tremendous athleticism and rightful usage of the cell in a brutal clash. There have been many great HIAC matches since but this one tops them all it featured every wrestling style brawl, high flying, technical, power housing, hardcore everything it can be argued as match of the 1990s decade it was indeed that awesome. They say Hart vs Austin was the best match of 97 but Taker vs HBK HIAC tops it imo in terms of wrestling while Hart vs Austin is more memorable for the double turn tho an epic match of its own but the Taker vs HBK HIAC match is flawless 30+ minutes of pure awesomeness ).

2. Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Rikishi vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H vs. The Undertaker 6 men HIAC match, Armageddon 2000: (Six of the biggest stars of the Attitude Era brawled it all out, it had amazing spots start to finish, Kurt Angle got the sneaky win elevating his career this match was awesome start to finish).

3. The Undertaker vs Mick Foley, HIAC match King of the Rings 1998 (the most memorable HIAC match but note worthy is that it is because of tow of the most legendary falls in WWF history, Taker vs HBK HIAC was superior from start to finish, still Taker vs Foley HIAC match remains one of the most iconic HIAC matches and was great on its own)

4. The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar HIAC match, No Mercy 2002 (two gladiators battled it all out in an epic clash, they were both two of the biggest power houses ever and they used their physicality to have an epic match that lived up to the hype. In 2015 they had a decent HIAC rematch but it was nothing like the amazing 2002 one))

5. Triple H vs Dave Batista HIAC match, Vengeance 2005 (this was the last classic HIAC match, even tho WWE remained TV 14 two more years they didn't feature the brutality of this one it was war and brutal start to finish, HHH about to hit Batista like a movie villain with the sledge hammer but getting taken out with the Batista Bomb was epic finish)

6. The Undertaker vs Edge, HIAC match, SummerSlam 2008 (the first HIAC match of the pg era was also the best, it didn't need blood at all and was superior to the tv 14 HIAC matches from 2006 and 2007, Taker vs Edge HIAC was like TLC in HIAC that topped the TLC match they had earlier that year, amazing work by both men with tables, ladders, chairs and the cell)

7. Edge vs Seth Rollins, Hell in a Cell match, Crown Jewel 2021 (this was every bit as good as the TV 14 eras HIAC matches, only thing it lacked was blood but otherwise had the brutality and athleticism of classic HIAC matches and the two threw a classic, the usage of weapons was spot on everything was perfection).

8. Triple H vs. Mick Foley, HIAC match No Way Out 2000 (people will be surprised why its so low. It was great, was brutal and dangerous just like the 1998 Taker vs Foley HIAC match only spots were planned in this one. The reason is the two had a far superior street fight match at royal Rumble 2000 and their HIAC match just couldn't top that).

9. The Undertaker vs Triple H with Shawn Michaels as special guest referee, HIAC match WrestleMania 28 (this match was amazing, two veterans showed how much they have left in the tank putting out a classic and also Shawn Michaels did an amazing job as the special guest referee. It is low cause in 2018 they ruined the "end of an era")

10. The New Day vs The Usos Tag Team HIAC match, HIAC 2017 (this match was great, despite the goofy new day gimmick Big E and Xavier threw it all out and Jimmy and Jey displayed their amazing athleticism, weapon use was also spot on, best tag team HIAC match ever)

Honorable Mention:

Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks HIAC march, HIAC 2016 (not the best match in either women's career, they had amazing matches that can top many of the matches in the list, for instance Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch Last Woman Standing match in 2018 will rank 5 in my list. But we are talking about HIAC matches, and what made Charlotte vs Sasha HIAC match special was that it was historic, the first time women competed in a HIAC match and the first time women main evented a pay per view).

Anyway thats all from me, I am sure others have different views. Taker vs HBK HIAC match at Badd Blood 1997 is imo the best wrestling match ever and nothing can change my mind.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Undertaker v Mick Foley- is my favourite by far. The amount of tenancy Foley showed in this match going through the cage and his tooth coming through his cheek will forever be etched in WWE history. Plus taker had a broken foot so took do that match was nothing short of incredible.

Triple H v Undertaker at mania 28. Was an eco match both guys out it all on the line for fans to enjoy and this was the best of the two for me personally as both out there bodies on the line and surpassed and then some. HBK as Referee was a great idea by Vince and the match more than delivered.

Kurt Angle v Stone Cold v Triple H v The Rock v Rikishi v Kurt angle. One of my favourite matches as it had most of my wrestlers who I liked and still do out it all on the line. Angie getting the sneaky win topped it off for me.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Hadn't seen the rest but if you have a link @HIAC Fan Ill be more than willing too do the rest buddy.