Tony Khan talks Bryan Danielson's long term status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
01-jox-moxley-vs-jay-lethal-11-29-23-001.webp

Tony Khan has commented on Bryan Danielson's long-term future in AEW.

Danielson revealed in September that he promised his six-year-old daughter he would finish up as a full-time wrestler "around August of next year."

Khan told the Athletic recently that although Danielson will no longer be with the promotion full-time, he will remain in AEW "in spirit" and make occasional, sporadic appearances.

“Bryan and I made an agreement three years to the week before AEW All In 2024,” Khan said. “The agreement was that Bryan would wrestle (full-time) for three years."

“Even three years in advance of the expiration of the agreement, I was already clawing for him to stay. He will stay with us in spirit and sometimes, occasionally, make sporadic appearances with us."

“But the end of the full-time run with us is going to be in 2024,” Khan continued.

Danielson is scheduled to wrestle his first match in the Continental Classic on Collision tomorrow. His opponent will be Eddie Kingston, who dropped his first match to Brody King last Saturday.

Khan also revealed during the interview that AEW does not plan on running any shows from England other than All In next year.

“It’s something I’ve considered, but I’m going to make sure that AEW All In is the only show AEW is going to do in England this year. And that is a very specific statement," Khan said.

“Someday, maybe we could add more shows in England, make it a regular event, and do more touring there."

Danielson posted to social media on Friday, referring to next year's All In as possibly his "last chance to wrestle in the UK."