Tony Khan talks Bryan Danielson, his top AEW matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

On Bryan Danielson's future:

“I can’t say how much time Bryan has left in the ring, but he has said this will be his final year, this is going to be the year Bryan hangs it up from full-time wrestling. At that point it’s going to be a sad day for pro wrestling, and for me personally.
“Absolutely. 100 percent. I hope Bryan will stay here for the rest of his life, and I know he’s planning to stay with us for a long time going forward as part of the company, hopefully. I would want Bryan to stay with us as long as humanly possible.”

On his top AEW matches:
“I would say three great matches to watch in this company that I think are must-watch matches, there are so many great ones…

I think the Bryan Danielson-MJF Iron Man match at Revolution (2023) would be among the very, very top. I also think that the Young Bucks vs. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page at Revolution 2020 would be among the top.

There are so many great, bloody brawls, Lights Out matches… I think Dr. Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa is certainly a fantastic one from the St. Patrick’s Day Slam 2021.
But honestly, it’s so hard to pick three.”
“I think Sting’s retirement match would probably be my greatest moment, greatest show that I think we’ve had here, personally, so that would have to be near the top.

You know, MJF and Will Ospreay maybe just had the best television match I’ve ever seen last week.”

On a WWE vs AEW supershow:

“I would love if that were possible. I don’t know that it is, but it would be great if it was possible for the fans. I think that would be wonderful. But there are a lot of challenging business things in the world of pro wrestling that I think would make that a very challenging thing to do.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
As great as the hour long matches are, I don't think I would use a hour long match to get someone to try something. If I had to pick 3:

Sting and Darby vs Bucks
Hangman vs Swerve: Texas Death match
OC vs PAC 1