Tony Khan talks Adam Cole's return, FTR, WWE sale

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
jjtk.jpg

Tony Khan is calling Adam Cole's return on last week's AEW Dynamite "a very inspirational story" and says there is more to it than fans are aware of.

The AEW President appeared on an episode of In The Kliq released Wednesday and was asked about Cole's recovery from shoulder and concussion issues. He responded:

Certainly, it was a very challenging recovery and there were points there where I'm sure he had to question if he was going to make it back or what he was putting himself through.
He wanted it so bad, he wanted so bad to come back to AEW to get back in the ring and wrestle for the fans.
For us, it's a dream come true having Adam Cole be a part of the AEW roster and it's very exciting that he's getting closer and closer to making a comeback. It's a really inspirational story and people don't even know the half of it yet and I'm excited for people to find out more about what Adam Cole's been through.

Khan also addressed FTR's status on the show. Dax Harwood recently revealed that the team requested and were granted time off from AEW television ahead of their contracts expiring in April. Khan said he hopes to see FTR return to the company.

I do hope to see FTR back. They need some time to recover from what was one of the most intense years of wrestling any team's ever done. The schedule they went through, all the different places they worked. They worked all over and won championships all over the world. This is a team that competed in AEW but also competed at the top of Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling. They were defending championships all over the world, all over the US, in London, Japan, and in Mexico as the AAA Lucha Libre champs.

I think for those guys we want to see them back in AEW and want to see them heal up and come back at a 100% and we are really looking forward to that, hopefully. I think they are a great team and we'd love to have them back.
Regarding reports that the Khan family was interested in potentially buying WWE, the AEW President had the following to say:

I can't say too much about that except to say that my Dad and I are often exploring acquisitions, often exploring investments in the world of sports and certainly the world of pro wrestling. I think we've shown we're open to making acquisitions, we're open to making big investments. This is one of those situations where I probably don't want to say too much and probably shouldn't say too much except to say that we are very interested in what's happening and watching it very closely and if there's a process we'd like to be part of it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth