Tony Khan says he's tried to limit ROH prescence on Dynamite to just Chris Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
tony-khan-roh.jpg

In recent weeks, AEW & Ring of Honor head Tony Khan has taken increased criticism for the focus on ROH titles and storylines on AEW TV.

In an interview with the Battleground podcast Tuesday, Khan responded to those critics, saying he has tried to limit ROH content on Dynamite to just that of its champion.

"One thing I have tried to do...I think we only have three hours of AEW TV a week so I have tried to limit the Ring of Honor focus on Dynamite to mostly the Ring of Jericho and Chris Jericho, the ROH World Champion," he said.

He added that he has tried to keep the other ROH title matches on either AEW Rampage or Dark: Elevation and found it "amusing" when he saw someone saying they thought there was too much ROH on Dynamite.

Khan feels that having a variety of new ROH-aligned wrestlers has been, and will continue to be, good for ROH business. He said they have made "good money" on the pay-per-views since he took over and "frankly, (the money) has been in line with what I paid for the entire business."

He expects Saturday's Final Battle to garner some of their best numbers yet thanks to the main event of Jericho vs. Claudio Castagnoli with the stakes involved.

In talking about Shane Taylor's appearance on Rampage, Khan also took a subtle shot at rival Eric Bischoff's criticisms about the company, saying "it would be ironic that the same promoter" would not approve of him putting Taylor on AEW TV without any explanation when he used to do just that with WCW Nitro.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Huh? He has......odd sound bite. But yeah, I don't hate the ROH stuff on AEW but I will be happy if or hopefully when there is at least a decent divide between the two brands.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
...but like fuck Jericho, okay. Give me more Joe or anyone else.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
...but like fuck Jericho, okay. Give me more Joe or anyone else.
We'll agree to disagree on the first point and definitely agree on the Joe bit though.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
We'll agree to disagree on the first point and definitely agree on the Joe bit though.
Not the first person to say that, lol, but glad we agree on Joe

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP