Tony Khan on recent changes in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
khan.jpg

Tony Khan believes that new people in charge of WWE is a good thing.

Khan spoke to SportsGrid on the recent WWE changes, most notably Vince McMahon retiring, Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan being named co-CEOs, and Triple H assuming the role as head of WWE’s creative. Khan said that ultimately, the changes WWE are making are good for wrestling fans.

“It’s going to change the competition, but I think that’s a good thing,” Khan said. “AEW’s got a big fan base. We’re in 130 countries now around the world, and here in the US, we’ve built a great fanbase. And the competition is going to change. It’s a different person in the chair opposite me but I don’t think that’s going to be a bad thing for the wrestling fans, necessarily.”

Khan also said that the move benefits wrestlers themselves, who will be free to negotiate between the two companies, pointing out that for a while that was not possible due to the death of WCW in 2001.

“Probably more so than ever, I imagine that great wrestlers are going to be in demand. And again, I think this is probably going to be good for the wrestling fans because that’s one of the most exciting things about pro wrestling is free agency. It’s one of those things that was really missing from the sport for almost two decades before AEW came in, because there was not a legitimate competitor in the free agent market, and now there is...one of the worst things, I think, that happened in American sports, in my lifetime, was when WCW closed down.”

McMahon resigned from WWE on July 22, with Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan being named co-CEOs of the company. On July 25, Triple H was named head of WWE creative.