Tony Khan on Cody Rhodes, new talent acquisitions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fpt1huxxsaawlxk.jpg

source: f4wonline.com

AEW owner Tony Khan appeared on Barstool Rasslin' today, addressing Cody Rhodes departing the company, plus the recent addition of Samoa Joe and others.

When asked about Rhodes' departure, Khan said that the two remain friends, and that neither side harbors any ill will.

"Yeah, I think it's just one of those things where, you know, we couldn't reach an agreement on going forward. I think he has found a situation that's good for him, and we're in a great position right now. There's no ill will either way," Khan said.

"We're still friends, and I wish him the best. I think he wished us the best publicly and privately. So it's all good."

In response to a question as to whether Rhodes leaving could prove to be a positive for the industry as a whole by creating a buzz, Khan used the question to springboard into a discussion of AEW's recent talent acquisitions.

"Any buzz for professional wrestling is great for professional wrestling as long as it's positive stuff, positive stories. I hope [Rhodes] keeps doing positive stuff and wish him the best," said Khan.

"I know for us, we've been stacking the roster up," Khan continued.

"Just in recent weeks, Samoa Joe, Toni Storm, Jeff Hardy, Swerve Strickland have all come in, Keith Lee right before that. Our show is getting deeper and stronger. And that's only a few months after we added the big batch with CM Punk, Adam Cole, Ruby Soho, Bryan Danielson, a bunch of stars coming in. And that followed another big wave of stars who'd actually gotten released for some reason, with Andrade El Idolo and Malakai Black, and some other really great wrestlers who came in," Khan said.

Khan also said that negotiations with Samoa Joe to come to AEW and ROH went smoothly.

"He's a great person. He's very reasonable and he wanted to come, and I wanted him to come. So in that sense, it was pretty easy," he said.

"We got it figured out, and I was really excited to bring Samoa Joe to both Ring of Honor and AEW. "

The full interview can be seen below.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Man, that whole quote about all the talent they've brought in really puts shit in to perspective for me. We're so lucky. Crazy we've got all them huge names so close to each other, it's like it never stops. :lol