Tony Khan comments on Jack Perry's NJPW run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Although the meme of Jack Perry being punished by forced to join House of Torture turning out to be true might be another level of hilarious

Oddly enough, the House of Torture

Like any fungus

Is beginning to grow on me.

Even the War Dogs minus the fact I think David Finlay still hasn't risen to the level a BC leader is expected, is getting better.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oddly enough, the House of Torture

Like any fungus

Is beginning to grow on me.

Even the War Dogs minus the fact I think David Finlay still hasn't risen to the level a BC leader is expected, is getting better.

I started liking the house of torture last year or so after their main event experiment stopped bc they became hilariously awesome lower card comedy acts. The SHO stuff this year with the junior title has been some atrocious stuff tho, fuck everything about that

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
How do you feel about his giant evil goat mask for entrances

GJDqOGDaIAAV9-8

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I fuck with it honestly, I'm not even gonna lie

• Wow
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
First of all, doesn't sound like someone "angry" at Jack Perry, is it?

Well he just cant come out and go "Yeah Jack Perry is an idiot for costing us CM Punk"

Reactions: Cwalker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
For further proof they're playing them for the angle, Jack Perry gave Alvarez permission to print this lmao

Jack Perry both disputes the claim that he continually apologized or asked for forgiveness in the months following his backstage fight with CM Punk at last August's AEW All In, or that there are any current plans for an AEW return.

According to Perry, he didn't hear from AEW head Tony Khan for two months following All In at London's Wembley Stadium. Perry said he never texted to say he was sorry and told Khan's lawyers he would not initiate first contact. Khan finally set up an in-person meeting before Full Gear in Los Angeles where they discussed plans to bring him back last December.

However, after Punk returned to WWE at Survivor Series, those plans were scrapped.

Perry, who had wanted to work Wrestle Kingdom but was unable to for logistical reasons, then worked with Rocky Romero and Khan to set up his current NJPW run.

At this point, Perry is still under AEW contract (he asked for a release but was denied), but there are still no plans to bring him back. He hasn't talked to Khan in months, nor cleared anything he has done in storyline for NJPW like him tearing up the AEW contract or his use of the term "scapegoat."

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
"At this point, Perry is still under AEW contract (he asked for a release but was denied)"

If this happened in WWE, people would be up in arms that HHH wouldn't do it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean if I thought any of this was real I'd be calling it ridiculous and saying Tony was holding him hostage (especially before the NJPW appearance). Especially the part where he implies they were planning stuff but Tony ghosts him again when Punk makes his WWE return :lol ngl that would be the funniest shit ever

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
"At this point, Perry is still under AEW contract (he asked for a release but was denied)"

If this happened in WWE, people would be up in arms that HHH wouldn't do it.

I mean would say this: WWE can cut you at any time. AEW at least stick to the terms of their deal and pay people their full deals unless they break conduct

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean would say this: WWE can cut you at any time. AEW at least stick to the terms of their deal and pay people their full deals unless they break conduct

I'm kinda on both sides, but it's mostly down to what the wrestler wants for me. If you're not going to use someone AND they ask for their release, I think there's no reason not to give it and you're holding them hostage regardless of the contract terms, which is technically what Jack Perry is saying happened here (I just don't believe it).

But just bc someone asks for a release whether WWE or AEW, the company certainly doesn't have to grant it, but you should at least have a use for the talent, idc if they're jobbing, but they shouldn't be sitting at home.

And if the wrestler is perfectly content sitting out their contract at home and getting paid, then I don't think they need to be released either, you committed to paying them for X amount of years and they don't want out so even if you don't wanna use them, I'm fine with them getting their pay for nothing.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I'm kinda on both sides, but it's mostly down to what the wrestler wants for me. If you're not going to use someone AND they ask for their release, I think there's no reason not to give it and you're holding them hostage regardless of the contract terms, which is technically what Jack Perry is saying happened here (I just don't believe it).

But just bc someone asks for a release whether WWE or AEW, the company certainly doesn't have to grant it, but you should at least have a use for the talent, idc if they're jobbing, but they shouldn't be sitting at home.

And if the wrestler is perfectly content sitting out their contract at home and getting paid, then I don't think they need to be released either, you committed to paying them for X amount of years and they don't want out so even if you don't wanna use them, I'm fine with them getting their pay for nothing.
Yeah this feels like a worky mcwork face thing hence why I'm not too fussed. If true tho Tony comes across as very petty and goes back to people once again not treating Punk like a grown adult responsible for his actions too.