Tomb Raider Reboot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
This is old news, but I just heard about it today, so it's new to me :tardsmile:

492.jpg

A brand new Tomb Raider is in the works, and by 'brand new,' that doesn't mean your standard sequel. Developer Crystal Dynamics is going to the earlier stages of Lara Croft's life, when she was young and inexperienced, to tell the story of her first adventure. The new game will drop the subtitles and go only with the name Tomb Raider.

"Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game," said Crystal Dynamics head Darrell Gallagher. "This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

A reboot or origins story of some sort has been rumored since last summer when a survey surfaced that was looking to gauge interest in such a thing. Last month, an anonymous source claimed that a new Tomb Raider was being worked on for release next Christmas. And then in last month's issue of Game Informer, a two-page teaser for the January issue showed a shipwreck and the phrase "A Survivor is Born," which seemed to fit with what last year's survey alluded to about Lara trying to survive on a mysterious island.

Square Enix's press release sets up the story: "After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive."

Game Informer's forthcoming January issue, which goes on sale at newsstands on December 11, will have the full reveal on the game. For now, we at least have the first image of what Lara will look like in Tomb Raider. We should know much more as subscribers get the magazine in the coming days.

TR is a series that defenitly needed a reboot the last few games where shit, hopefully the new look and direction will help revive the series. If there smart they'll try to rip off Uncharted as much as possible and have the gameplay be similar.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I heard a little while back that they were also thinking about doing another Tomb Raider movie but this time with Megan Fox. Wonder if with the new game they will still go through with that.

I haven't been interested in a tomb raider game in a long ass time so if they were to say take the Uncharted style then I may actually want to get the game.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler