Todd Grisham Gone From WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just read a news item that mentioned that Todd Grisham is now working for ESPN. I hadn't even realised that his contract had expired but it doesn't surprise me that he has decided to leave WWE. As the years went on his duties continued to decrease. He used to host a lot of extra shows on wwe.com and now all he does is some NXT announcing and some backstage interviews. I feel sorry for him because I thought that when he was play-by-play announcer for WWE ECW with Matt Striker that they were the best announcing team in WWE at that time.

This does open up a spot for another play-by-play announcer and the only options I can think of at the moment are either Scott Stanford or Matt Striker (even though Striker is mainly a colour commentator I think that he can easily play the role of a play-by-play announcer).

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Striker please announce again, PLEASEEEEEEEE!

I'm going Striker. Stanford can be the backstage interviewer or something...

Striker is win on commentary. Grisham for ESPN, nice stuff... He'll be with Coachman I believe.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Other than Mcintyre, there is nothing more unhappy about then no Matt Striker around. He is the best right now, he was so entertaining. He was a bit of a fan boy at Royal Rumble 2011 which got him the boot. He was always so fun to hear on SD and its so unfair that he's gone. Matthews couldn't hold a fork to him. Striker is so charismatic.

TheZig

Reaction score
I thought Grisham was mediocre but fit perfectly as a play by play in his time on ECW and when NXT was actually televised, Good luck to him at ESPN im sure he will fit that mold better in whatever capacity that may be. I would also like to see Striker used back on commentary, I've enjoyed his work more than anyone over past few years, Hes a very well spoken man with more knowledge of the buisness than the likes of Cole/Matthews and WWE should take advantage of that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Grisham did slowly get shittier and shittier jobs but Stanford I just can't get behind that guy. I vote Adamle. But seriously give Cole those jobs and take him off Raw then he's doing just as much work while not being annoying on Raw.

Striker needs to be back at the announce table somewhere or just on the air doing something.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Never a Grisham fan, but he seems likeable, has been a good company man, and I wish him luck for the future.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler