TNA Postpones/cancels India tour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Source: PWInsider

As noted, TNA has postponed their tour of India until 2016 some time. An official announcement will likely be issued on Thursday but the dates have been removed from their website.

TNA talents informed via e-mail this evening that the tour was postponed due to logistical issues, specifically the safety of flying abroad. The crew was scheduled to leave the United States this weekend fly to Paris, France, and then fly to India.

There are a lot of unhappy TNA talents right now, according to PWInsider, as it has already been a tough year in terms of getting steady work from TNA.

Regarding speculation on the tour being postponed due to low ticket sales, that is not the case as TNA TV partner Sony Six was financing everything.

There's no word yet on when the tour will take place but the e-mail to talents stated 2016 some time and didn't give any further details.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Come on, Bobby Roode, leave the sinking ship already! Come to NXT!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Horrible news for TNA. You would think they would take at least one-dive for the sake of the ticket buyers and workers themselves. Not only did Carter lie to her talents, but she did it just days before the plan was to happen. Most of the backstage staff and crew were already given their tickets and itineraries, for the trip. You would think they would've looked into these issues when planning the tour.

TNA is out of buildness, soon.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Horrible news for TNA. You would think they would take at least one-dive for the sake of the ticket buyers and workers themselves. Not only did Carter lie to her talents, but she did it just days before the plan was to happen. Most of the backstage staff and crew were already given their tickets and itineraries, for the trip. You would think they would've looked into these issues when planning the tour.

TNA is out of buildness, soon.
right before they move to POP lmao

• Haha
Reactions: JBan

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They are paying everyone for the tour anyways. Disappointed it's not going ahead but hey, it's a lock-on for 2016 as I hear Sony Six want for TNA to tour India once a year.

Also, be happy, this eliminates a late 2015 Shera push. Hopefully. pls.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
They are paying everyone for the tour anyways. Disappointed it's not going ahead but hey, it's a lock-on for 2016 as I hear Sony Six want for TNA to tour India once a year.

Also, be happy, this eliminates a late 2015 Shera push. Hopefully. pls.
He wasn't going to get a major push. He was going to be heavily featured on the show, like how he was heavily featured on Ring ka King. I don't expect him to get a major push, anytime soon.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He wasn't going to get a major push. He was going to be heavily featured on the show, like how he was heavily featured on Ring ka King. I don't expect him to get a major push, anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure he was main eventing during his time on Ring ka King and won the title on the last show.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm pretty sure he was main eventing during his time on Ring ka King and won the title on the last show.
Yeah, but that was an Indian promotion. TNA is going to spend one week tops in India. Not warranting a push for Mr. Beef, at all.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was an Indian promotion. TNA is going to spend one week tops in India. Not warranting a push for Mr. Beef, at all.
True that, but to be fair a month of TV in India could probably result in something big. I still want my Shera/Manik tag team if they're not going to give Manik the X-Division title.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
True that, but to be fair a month of TV in India could probably result in something big. I still want my Shera/Manik tag team if they're not going to give Manik the X-Division title.
From what I understand, TNA does pretty mediocre in India. There's a reason Ring ka King only did 1 season. When they had talents like Dutt, Steiner, Magnus and Morgan.

I really think TNA's push for Indian dominance, is going to fail. They should focus on the American market, rather than going to places like Zimbabwe and India.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
From what I understand, TNA does pretty mediocre in India. There's a reason Ring ka King only did 1 season. When they had talents like Dutt, Steiner, Magnus and Morgan.

I really think TNA's push for Indian dominance, is going to fail. They should focus on the American market, rather than going to places like Zimbabwe and India.
To be fair, the Indian market has the potential to be quite big and Sony Six will be organising the tour, so it's a good move for TNA, especially when Sony Six are giving TNA a lot of money on their TV deal. It's not like they could've focused on Ring ka King when they have these talents who would want to wrestle primarily in America, leaving pretty much only the Indian wrestlers. Zimbabwe and India are not even close, TNA can probably draw a decent crowd in India anyways.