Tna needs to use Smaller Arenas!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
For example the arena they are using at Bound for glory called Gwinnett Center holds 13000. But the most I have ever seen them fill up an arena is 6000 at the Family Arena in St. Louis at Lockdown 2006!:Lighten:

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

yeah its going to be pretty embarassing. but it will be funny listening to west and tenay try to explain why it isnt a sellout

gashface

Reaction score
I agree, absoloutely stupid move to try and sell out that many people at this stage, and a complete waste of money but hey what do you know TNA making wrong moves and losing money? Nothing out of the ordinary there then.

chavoheat

Reaction score
Agreed. TNA should definitely avoid big arenas.

WWE is unable to fill up arenas on their own. Most of the Smackdown tapings are half filled.

If WWE can't do, then TNA won't be able to either.

PeepShow

While I agree its not the smartest move, they will prolly have about half the area blocked off and blacked out anyways, so if you were on TV, you realy couldnt tell.

gashface

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware TNA has barely sold out 1,000 in the past, let alone 13,000 or whatever the hell it is. This is going to look very bad, people notice if 3/4 of the seats are blacked out.

PeepShow

I dont see whats so wrong about the impact zone? Its set up perfectly for what they need. You people claim they are small and nothing, so whats the big deal. I know they need to be branching out, but I think that arena is solid. It just has the feel of a wrestling arena. Most of you prolly dont feel that way, but thats just my opinion

C4

Agreed, TNA should use small Arenas. Don't know why they want to sell off the Cheap Tickets at $15 or so this is really stupid by TNA and it's hurting their Image but Whatever they want a bigger Crowd at BFG which is their Biggest PPV of the year so they will try to get as many people involved as possible!

phantomgerald

Its BFG, what do you expect? They hope they can fill as much as you like, and considering all the logistics and transport, the rent of the arena itself is actually not that huge an amount so the difference isn't that important. At a big arena, at least they can let whever wants to watch get a ticket. And the impact zone is good enough for the small arenas, they don't need to move to other places to go to an arena of about the same size

JHar888

Reaction score
I'm hoping that after Pacman Jones gives away tickets to the fans around that area for having good conduct they'll have enough. I'm having a feeling that no one will come...

Bradders

Reaction score
It's their WrestleMania, they need big arenas to get publicity and they need more people going if they ever want to match up to the WWE.

Reaction score
It's their WrestleMania, they need big arenas to get publicity and they need more people going if they ever want to match up to the WWE.

Yeah but there losing money renting those big arenas. I don't want to see them go the way of WCW. Plus I just think it makes them look bad!:eek:nline2long:

The Ripper

Reaction score
If they havent sold many tickets come the event they can let wrestlers familys have seats filling up seats, in the end it probably wont look that empty

Reaction score
Also the camera really only shows entrances and one side of the arena so if they don't fill all the seats, which I doubt they will have that problem though. Anyways that weekend is becoming more and more like Wrestlemania now since they are showing a lot of stuff that weekend for the Impact game.

Switchy

Reaction score
TNA do use too big arenas but you can't blame them. Their opinion on TNA looking at it as the people who run things is different to ours and they are probably thinking "lets get a big arena because it will mean more profit". It is a different matter because they don't fill those arenas. I understand what TNA are trying to do but it's not working, the msot they could fill probably atm is 7,500-10,000 for BFG.

As for you guys I don't really see what the nig deal is. Why are you guys criticising TNA because of the arenas they use?