TNA needs a midcard heavyweight title.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the X-Division title. You have to be a certain type of wrestler to wear that belt. I'm talking about an equivalent to the IC or US titles, like, say, a North American title (playing off the NWA lineage, since the NWA had a North American Heavyweight Title), or a television title.

This would give midcarders a chance to get over with a championship, such as Robert Roode and James Storm. Now, you're probably thinking "They don't have the time for another title." Actually, they do. You forget, back in the Attitude Era, WWF had five, count 'em, five main titles (WWF, IC, European, Tag, & Hardcore) as well as two secondary titles (Women's and Light Heavyweight). They had only Raw and Heat, and Heat wasn't even used all that much, and they did just fine, so TNA definitely can afford to fit a midcard heavyweight title into their show.

Yeah, I know this has been played out thousands of times over the past five plus years, but maybe if it's played out enough, TNA will do it just to shut us up.

Discuss.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i agree with u completely... it would help a lot of heavyweight wrestlers develop imo... and it would be a good time to add this since tna is 2 hours now...

PeepShow

I agree with you to a point. I don't necessarily want it though b/c it brings down the prestige of all the belts if you ask me. The more guys their are in the world title picture, the more it will keep us wondering. i see your argument though. I don't think it would hurt as bad as I think it would though.

Barurot

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm 50/50 on this one... As much as it could be beneficial to TNA, a new title may not be booked properly at this point. I mean if the booking for the new title is awesome then why not, but as of now I am not really impressed with TNA's work in regards to booking for the title, I have no complaints but no praises either...

MJ807

Reaction score
If they decided to bring in a new title they should bring in a Television Title that must be defended every show to add some excitement and mystery. And that would make more people watch not knowing if the title may change hands that night or not.

chessarmy

^ Sorry, having a title defended on every show will get old fast, I dont think it would work

as for the mid card title well...I would skip that too, it would lower the credibility of the X-Division title, sounds stupid but the X Title is the only other singles title other than the World, so it makes it feel important. TNA doesnt need a mid card title imo

phantomgerald

If they didn't add the women's division then I agree that they should. Now with the women's div, x-div, tag and heavyweight it's already taking up most of the show. If they add another title there wouldn't be any time to showcase titleless feuds.

Reaction score
Even with the women's title there might be room for another. I also think it might de-value the X title. Or reduce the already dwindling main event hopes for X division wrestlers.

I saw a few names thrown around and I want to touch on one. It might be time to give Robert Roode that ppv main event slot. He was packaged nicely after Team Canada and really looked to be on track for such a match. A new mid-level title might actually hurt him.

addo

Reaction score
i think they should just for the fact of fresh storylines. plus it will help stars develop into world title contenders, or it will help wrestlers moving to main event from the x-division.

But knowing TNA the will probs give it to Kevin Nash or scott steiner. they might even give to angle lol

Switchy

Reaction score
Even with the women's title there might be room for another. I also think it might de-value the X title. Or reduce the already dwindling main event hopes for X division wrestlers.

I saw a few names thrown around and I want to touch on one. It might be time to give Robert Roode that ppv main event slot. He was packaged nicely after Team Canada and really looked to be on track for such a match.A new mid-level title might actually hurt him.

I think a Midcard title would be good but it would still do more harm than good to TNA imo. The X-Division is already lacking superstars and if someone like Petey Williams goes off and competes for the Midcard title that would deprive it even more. On the plus side I reckon it would have a lot more feuds/storylines in the midcard and give the competitors more exposure. It's got plenty of pro's and cons but I don't think TNA need one just yet.

The Kev

Reaction score
I had this thought myself before and i think it will be a good idea. It will give guys who ain't x division or world title material something to do. Roode,Storm,Eric Young etc would all be great for this role

dstebbins

Reaction score
Well, I posted this on another forum, and someone brought up something interesting: The tag team division. Roode and Storm could tag together and then they would both get the title run they deserve. Eric Young could bring back Jeff Jarrett and tag together for the belts then. Black Reign and Rellik could tag together, so yeah, the tag team titles at this point are their midcard titles.