TNA Announces Matt Hardy’s Release, Shane Helms Goes On The Attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
TNA Wrestling announced Saturday on their official website that Matt Hardy has been released from its roster.

Their statement reads: “TNA today released IMPACT WRESTLING star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company.”

His bio was also removed from the website’s roster page.

F4WOnline.com reports that company president Dixie Carter made the decision to terminate Hardy’s contract following his arrest earlier in the day in North Carolina for driving while intoxicated.

Meanwhile, Shane Helms has posted several messages on Twitter in defense of his longtime friend. He has directed numerous obscenity laced messages to users who disagree with him and also attacked TMZ.com for breaking the news of Hardy’s arrest.

“TMZ, a site that profits off the mistakes and downfalls of human beings. How proud they must be. What a bunch of maggots,” he wrote.

Hardy’s girlfriend Reby Sky has also reacted to Hardy’s unfortunate twist of fate. She wrote on Twitter, “It hurts to see anyone I love hurt in any way but I have faith that all will be ok. Regardless of what happens. Thanks for the support.”